Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

spiral stairs railing

Loren Green
Participant

When placing a spiral stair you cant go more than 360 degrees with one stair. You have to do 2. How do I get the handrail to attach to the second set of stairs so the balusters and inner posts stop at the treads?

Operating system used: Windows 6014

spiral railing.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I am not sure as I rarely do spiral stairs and even less rarely stacked ones.

Railing can be associative, it seems yours is not associated to the upper flight.

Make sure that 'associative' setting is on and then click on the lower end of the stair reference line (baseline) of the lower stair flight and then the upper end of the reference line of the upper flight, then along your landing if you want to continue it.

Does that work?

If not, you might have to click the lower end of the lower stair reference line, then the upper end of the lower stair ref line (that should be the same as the lower end of the upper stair), then the upper end of the upper stair.

You may also be able to fix it by dragging the railing nodes away from the upper stair and then dragging them back so they associate to the stair ref line.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Loren Green
Participant

is there anyone that can help?

Solution

I am not sure as I rarely do spiral stairs and even less rarely stacked ones.

Railing can be associative, it seems yours is not associated to the upper flight.

Make sure that 'associative' setting is on and then click on the lower end of the stair reference line (baseline) of the lower stair flight and then the upper end of the reference line of the upper flight, then along your landing if you want to continue it.

Does that work?

If not, you might have to click the lower end of the lower stair reference line, then the upper end of the lower stair ref line (that should be the same as the lower end of the upper stair), then the upper end of the upper stair.

You may also be able to fix it by dragging the railing nodes away from the upper stair and then dragging them back so they associate to the stair ref line.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author