Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

vector fills in elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm still new to AC, and this is probably an easy one.

I want to show tile pattern hatching in a few of my interior elevations (see attached). I did this in exterior elevations by assigning a material with a vector hatch to the model. It doesn't work in my interior elevations, however. I checked everything in view settings, and they seem to match. What am I missing?

Also, is there a better way to do this, in general?

VECTORHATCH.jpg
11 REPLIES 11
Srinivas
Booster
Make sure, in your interior elevation settings, vectorial hatching is turned on.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I created a Wall Favorite that is 3/4" thick (you could even create a Composite wall with the Wonderboad and the Thinset and the tile). Set the Height of the Floor and total height for the saved favorite. Then draw in the Surface quickly. Or if it is a Glass Surround use the Glass Pane 14 & Glass Pane Sliding 14 objects.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aha! that change in the view settings made the hatch visible. Thanks. The next question: One of the tile types is set at a 45 degree angle (as diamonds). I know that with 2d fills, in the settings you can click a radio button in "construction method" that gives you a control handle to rotate the hatch pattern. Is there an equivalent to this for 3D objects?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Vectorial Hatch pattern in 3D is based upon the Assign Fill pattern to that material. You can change the Assigned Fill Pattern of a Material or better to copy a material that is similar to what you want and save under a new name. (This new material should then also be part of your template File so that it will be included in all future projects that you start with your template.
In the new Material, re-assign the Vectorial Hatch to a fill that you like. Again if there is not a Fill pattern that you like find one that is close, create new fill from that fill and adjust the Angle and even the x & y spacing dimensions.
Materials Vectorial Hatching.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Fill type Dialog box
David Maudlin
Rockstar
jfanjoy wrote:
Is there an equivalent to this for 3D objects?
Jay's suggestion is good particularly if you are using this fill multiple times. For single instances there is the Align 3D Texture command.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Success! Thanks, those are both great options.
Anonymous
Not applicable
On a related topic, in a different interior elevation I have two more display issues that I figure a knowledgeable AC user can resolve. In the attached image,

1) The interior elevation is cutting a section through the ceiling thickness. In other elevations, I gave the elevation a finite vertical range to avoid this. In the case shown, however, I'm slicing through a sloped ceiling so the height is not a round number (and is also irrelevant for construction documentation purposes). Is there a setting that will make the elevation automatically stop at the bounds of the first encountered cut surface?

2) there is supposed to be a door seen in elevation in the wall just to the left of the seat (under the notes). For some reason it doesn't show up. (my layers are displaying correctly, it's not that). Is there a view or elevation setting i need to adjust? Doors show up ok in my other interior elevations.
Barry Kelly
1) No - it is either an infinite height or you set it manually.

2) Check the range (distance) of your section in the plan. It may not extend far enough to pick up the door.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11