Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

who can create tilt wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am chinese
I found it"s so difficult to understand archicad .
who can tell me how to create a tilt wall or curve wall
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
icefirekk

Welcome to the forum.

There is a battered wall (tilted) object in the ArchiCAD Library. For curved wall (in plan) there are options within wall tool. See image below.
You might want to use the search funtion (under top banner on this screen) to find what you want.
You will come up with suggestions like this:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=6195
or this:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=12094&highlight=sloping+wall#12094

Hope this helps
Anonymous
Not applicable
because of my poor English,I can't express exactly what i think .
i want to know a wall that is not perpendicular to the gurond,
Thanks a lot.谢谢
But i still don't find the way to make awning
the software has a wooden awning, but i need awning that is made of a piece of glass and steel structure.can anyone help me
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm from New Zealand, my english isn't very good either....

The wall accessory objects (canted wall, battered wall) can be accessed directly as any other object, or you can get from the Extras / Accessories / Wall Accessories pull down menu. See image below which shows the pull-down and the resulting dialogue box where you change the settings.
For an awning, if it is glass you can use a roof, say 10mm thick. Support frames can be made of any objects eg. rafters, steel beam sections, etc. or more roof objects.
Good luck, I hope this helps you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm glad to discuss with you.
Maybe this can improve my english.
As a university student ,though i have studied Architect for three years ,i don't know much.
how to set the material of the roof ,i can find the glass material ,but the default color is light blue,and can't be changed.
what do you study and have you a msn or icq ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The roof material is set in the "model" section of the roof tool dialogue. Change the materials in the Option / attribute settings / materials... pull-down menu (or maybe be Options / materials, depends on your system settings). It sounds like you need to look through the tutorials, this will cover these basic settings. Or ask your ArchiCAD reseller for information on training in your area. It also helps to add your system information to a signature in your forum profile, so people know what you are using, eg. AC8.1, AC9., Windows or Mac etc
Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
You can create a curved wall using Geometric Method of a circle, click wall and u will see in the dropdown menu an option for a circular wall, or you can first draw a curve of your choice and first select wall from the tool box then click Magic wand, with it selected click on the curve, the curve will automatically change into a wall of your choice and settings inheritated from the wall settings.
I hope that helps.