Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

windows and doors floor plan display settings? help pls??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi y'all.

I can't seem to completely wrap my little brain around the display settings for doors and windows in v10 in conjuction with the floor cut planes.

I have a mezzanine floor with windows and doors starting from the ground floor and running through to the first floor - mezzanine level. I have modeled a single wall from ground running through to the roof level in which i wanna have said windows and doors (rather than having a wall on the ground and a wall at the mezzanine... makes sense to use the floor cut planes feature here.)
So. I placed a storefront door (doors/building structures/storefront) that on the ground floor should show the door swing etc and on the mezzanine i should only see it's top part ie the glazing above the door.
When i choose the show 'projected' or 'projected with overhead' setting it displays fine on the mezzanine level where the cut plane goes through it (or not at all if the cut plane is above it, exactly what i would expect) but on the ground floor the door is shut and the pens are a little all over the place, showing really heavy and filled with ... i have no idea what and how i could change them.When i choose 'symbolic' the door looks fine on the ground floor but i can still see the swing etc on the mezzanine level...ie the symbolic setting seems to take precedence over the floor cut plane.

Is there any way i could see the door on plan like doors should look on plan but see only it's top parts(or not see it at all as the case may be) in the floor above??
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
My Quick suggestion here is to check to make sure that your walls are also showing as "Projected with Overhead."

That might help.

As for the fills you are seeing, Under the "D1 Settings" > Floor Plan Symbol > at the bottom there is an option for Fills- Make sure that is not checked.

If you are having problems with your pens, you may want to go to "Floor Plan and Section" Settings in the next box down, and uncheck "Enable Object's Linetypes and Pens" then you will be able to specify the Cut lines and uncut lines Pens.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jesikuh123 wrote:
My Quick suggestion here is to check to make sure that your walls are also showing as "Projected with Overhead."

That might help.

As for the fills you are seeing, Under the "D1 Settings" > Floor Plan Symbol > at the bottom there is an option for Fills- Make sure that is not checked.

If you are having problems with your pens, you may want to go to "Floor Plan and Section" Settings in the next box down, and uncheck "Enable Object's Linetypes and Pens" then you will be able to specify the Cut lines and uncut lines Pens.
thanks for the quick reply.
yes on the walls
and yes the fills in the door parameters are off and yes i got over the pens thing with unchecking the box that you suggest.
but still, the door is displaying shut, no door swing etcetc... i understand why it's doing that; it's like it's 'real life' settings... but what i'd like is for the door to display like in the 'symbolic' setting on the ground floor and display like it does on the 'projected with overhead' on the mezzanine floor... ie have the floor cut plane feature take precedent over the display of the door in its display setting... i think it's probably not possible