BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

xp pro sp2 update, any problems?

aahatimo
Newcomer
has anyone updated to sp2 for xp pro? any ac8.1 troubles? i know there have been other programs that have reported difficulties, mainly w/ ports and firewall settings.
thanks, tim.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
aahatimo wrote:
has anyone updated to sp2 for xp pro? any ac8.1 troubles? i know there have been other programs that have reported difficulties, mainly w/ ports and firewall settings.
thanks, tim.
My XP Home updated itself, just informed me, and I saw no glitches ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
aahatimo
Newcomer
thanks djordje! i still may wait a few days till i take them up on thier blinking offer.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a note... we were at a client's office where the new Windows Service Pack 2 had been installed and they are using a Network key which stopped responding after the installation. If you experience this go to the Control Panel / Windows Firewall settings and set permissions to an exeption for the network server from the firewall protection. BTW, this happened on some machines at the client's office but not all of them.
I haven't loaded the service pack myself so I may have some terminology wrong here as to whether you exempt ArchiCAD or the network server but I think what you need to do will be obvious once you get into the firewall controls.

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
XP Pro updated last night - so far no problems to speak of....but the future will tell.

Lew Bishop
HP 2.53 XPPro/ 1GB /nVidia 440/AC8.1
Learn and get certified!