Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.

Let everyone vote on wishlist, not just SSA subscribers

ethanbodnar
Advocate

Would love to please have a fair and transparent Wish voting process? As a non-subscriber I'm not allowed to vote on wishes. That's really not very inclusive of the community here that we have with Archicad. We've spent $5k+ with Graphisoft but they don't want to hear from us. It's weird because I even have some of my own submitted ideas on the Wishlist that I can't vote for myself.

One of the main reasons I'd let my subscription lapse is because of the lack in development and very slow pace of extrememly basic features, so it's kinda ironic in a way that I can't now vote on those basic features. If everyone can all vote, then we might get a stronger version of Archicad, that would then mean some of us woud consider subscribing again. Thank you for your consideration!

This is kinda meta, but this is my wish, so I think you can vote on this wish as well probably 😉

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based

Archicad v26, MacBook Pro, MacOS 13 Ventura, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB, RAM 64GB, Non-SSA, Twinmotion User
15 REPLIES 15
Barry Kelly

Voting has to be limited somehow.

If anyone could vote, then there is no stopping you creating hundreds of accounts and upping the vote count on some wishes.

And yes, that has happened in the past.

And if you are not paying for future version updates, why would it matter if there are any wishes granted or not?

You won't be upgrading to get them?

Still, even if you can't vote, there is nothing stopping you from making a wish for others to vote on.

And no, you can't vote on your own wish, that is already taken for granted that you like it.

But please don't go creating new wishes for ones that are already there, that will just dilute the votes and they may not make it to the top wishes for inclusion.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
ethanbodnar
Advocate
  • If anyone could vote, then there is no stopping you creating hundreds of accounts and upping the vote count on some wishes.

You can control voting with other technical mechanisms, there are plenty of online voting situations where they have to limit voting. Tracking IP addresses comes to mind but I'm not too technical in that department.

• And if you are not paying for future version updates, why would it matter if there are any wishes granted or not?

It matters to me beyond a doubt and very much so that wishes are granted. I'm going to be paying for future versions. I figure I have like 3 decades of Archicad usage ahead of me. So I'm gonna have to get back on the whole SSA subscriber plan at some point, probably in a year or so is my plan. Can't be stuck on this macOS and AC version forever. There's some commpelling things already on the public roadmap that I'm pumped about..

• And no, you can't vote on your own wish, that is already taken for granted that you like it.

That's fine, I want to vote on all the other amazing wishes people submit. 

• But please don't go creating new wishes for ones that are already there, that will just dilute the votes and they may not make it to the top wishes for inclusion.

I wouldn't do that, that's just making more work for the moderators and Graphisoft. But it's sometimes hard to see if a wish has been submitted before.

Archicad v26, MacBook Pro, MacOS 13 Ventura, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB, RAM 64GB, Non-SSA, Twinmotion User
ethanbodnar
Advocate

Just realized can't even comment or contribute thoughts, ideas, or thinking to the comment section of Wishes. There were some really cool Wishes that wanted to brainstorm about.

My main hope is that Graphisoft can just become a modern software company and release real helpful and basic features that everyone has been dreaming of for years.

@ethanbodnar wrote:

You can control voting with other technical mechanisms, there are plenty of online voting situations where they have to limit voting. Tracking IP addresses comes to mind but I'm not too technical in that department.

Would be nice in a different internet environment.  We can see the IP addresses that everyone uses... and most people here, including me, have dynamic IP addresses and their IP log shows 100's of addresses.  It just isn't possible to limit things that way, unfortunately.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Given your GSID is associated to your AC licence, they could just use that by itself, rather than checking if said licences are linked to a SSA...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
ethanbodnar
Advocate

There you go, thank you @Lingwisyer!

Exactly, we non-SSA folks have a Graphisoft ID that is connected to a license, proving that we are paying customers that represents a single vote.

mthd
Ace

Liking a post or wish is not same as voting, we just give an indication of what wishes we really like. Having only SSA clients liking a wish post is not that important because they really do not have a say in what is and what is not developed at present.

BTW are you able to put what version you are using with your computer specifications on your signature ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
ethanbodnar
Advocate

@mthd I think they're using the thumbs up "liking" as the voting mechanism for the Wishes forum. They're presenting it like SSA members are going to have a say in what gets developed, though no guarnetees of course.

Ah yes, will add to my signature, thanks for the nudge.

@ethanbodnar You can get more specific help from others when you have your specifications showing as you have now.

Have you heard of the Graphisoft Insiders Program ? I think you will have a bit better say by being part of it rather than just liking a post. 

Here is a link to some information about the GSIP.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insiders/ct-p/insiders

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!