Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.

Regarding Forum UI

Mats Knutsson
Enthusiast

The new more compact layout is really an improvement. To make it even better I suggest connecting the messages (which is what we are interested in) by moving the Reply, Accepted and Thumbs to the top. This will connect the text better and also be more logicial since you reply to a person rather than a text.

2024-03-05_15-58-12.png

6 REPLIES 6

Yes the compact mode is a step in the right direction but makes the buttons even more distracting - a smaller size and top of post position would help.

There is also issues with the signature as not all will use the compact mode and thus not optimise their signature for it - leaving strange cutoffs for us who do. And the hrule above the signature makes reading harder as it is confused with a post divider which in turn seem to be inconsistently applied/displayed.

thesleepofreason_1-1709663676042.png

Post divider? I do not see anything like that... The only hrule I see is the one above the signatures...

Hm. Not sure what just changed, but I have the post hrules now...

Regarding the Reply button, I would rather it just not being after the signature, split from the text body, but inline with it. I am assuming there is some limitation of the UI element block location...?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

@Lingwisyer wrote:

Regarding the Reply button, I would rather it just not being after the signature, split from the text body, but inline with it. I am assuming there is some limitation of the UI element block location...?

Don't forget this forum needs to work on all screens from a wide screen to a narrow screen and also mobile devises.

So there need to be space for the signature as well as the buttons.

Having them above/below each other allows them to slide past each other.

BarryKelly_0-1709691216962.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mats Knutsson
Enthusiast

Come to wonder why the buttons are space hungry text buttons instead of icons? Also when I click Reply to a message and enter my reply it would feel more logical to cklick "send" than "reply".

Yes, changing to a more discrete reply button like an arrow icon and removing text would be good - atleast in compact mode which is an active choice by users who want just that and doesn't need things highlighted as more novice users might.