BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.

Forum really slow to load

derekjackson
Advocate

I'm finding this forum really slow to load pages - about 10 seconds after each click. No issue with any other website or forum, just this one.

Does anyone else experience it?

11 REPLIES 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yes, we have also experienced this. It started happening after the migration of the German forums, which brought a huge amount of new data and users.

As far as I know, GS HQ is in contact with Khoros (the developer of the forum engine) about the issue, and they are working on it.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

In addition to the generally slow loading times (and the continued language cross contamination) I also now experience a lot of errors and time-outs...

thesleepofreason_0-1708073140375.png

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @derekjackson and @thesleepofreason.

I'd like to confirm what László said that we are aware of the issue and currently working together with our platform provider to fix it as soon as possible. A recent update I got from them (just a couple of hours ago) that they adjusted something in the background which should help us.  I'd like to ask you to leave a message here and mention me in your post if you experience performance issues again. If you can give me a screenshot about the problem and a timestamp it's very much  appreciated.

I hope you don't experience any new performance problem from now on and thank you for putting the effort into reporting these things.

Thank you,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Just ended up in a processing que once again - 09:15 UMT+1. And I wouldn't say that I've noticed any difference regarding loading times - the experience is still too sluggish for a forum.

Testing it now, it seems a tiny bit quicker (about 3 or 4 seconds between clicks), but still a lot lot slower than any other forum I use.

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi both,

I reported back to our platform provider. Once I have an update, I'll let you know too. Thank you for reporting.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi All,

I wanted to leave some update here - from the investigation we did with our platform provider we learnt that many bots and certain IPs were targeting our Community site, which resulted in decreased performance. They disabled the access of these bots and IPs recently, so hopefully soon we see some improvements.

In case you experience something different, please report it to me here or in a private message.

Thank you,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

It seems slightly quicker now. Still not as quick as I'd expect with a forum, but better than before. Thanks.

Learn and get certified!