Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

GDL object not showing up in Param-O

Laghima
Contributor

The script works on its own. It's a simple GDL object, sits under the model element subtype and has a few parameters. All of which work (well ?)

I would like to insert this newly created GDL object into Param-O and make a nested parametric element. 

Is there something I am not doing (right) - because of which my object doesn't show up when I try to load my object ?

4 REPLIES 4
Laghima
Contributor

Selecting placeable only, allows GDL objects to be visible in Param-O

Earthworm
Booster

You haven't given a lot of info. From what i guess it's not in in 3D? Then you can't see it in the 3D viewport. Param-o doesn't do 2D (you need to script it gdl)

ArchiCAD 27 | Intel Xeon W-2225 - 4.10GHz | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 | Windows 10

I think., you've answered my question. I have a 2&3D GDL object. I wanted to try to distribute (using a series/ range) them using param-O. But when I do this., I lose the 2D aspects my GDL object. I don't think there is currently a way to circumvent this. Unless someone can direct me to a solution. 

zztothnyc
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Try opening the Object you are trying to manipulate and setting filling in the 'License' field under 'Details', if it's not filled. This should make the Object appear in the list inside PARAM-O.