Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Grasshopper – ARCHICAD 22 Live Connection 6026 compatibility update released

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

I just want to let you know that we have just released a new update for the ARCHICAD - Grasshopper Live Connection for ARCHICAD 22.

The update delivers compatibility with the latest ARCHICAD 22 update (build 60xx), as well as include several stability improvements.

The Check for Updates feature should notify you of the new update, but you can also find it on GRAPHISOFT.com. Give it a try and let us know how you like it.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
8 REPLIES 8
leceta
Expert
Great news. Should we expect the connection plugin for AC23 be ready for November ?
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

The current plan is to get ready with it for October. We are already hard at work on the version that will be compatible with ARCHICAD 23. Once ARCHICAD 23 is released, we can start packaging the compatible version (and hopefully release it in a few weeks after).

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

rjwilden
Booster
I have tried to install this but I keep getting the message that it won t install because its says Rhino is not installed on my computer. This is not correct because I have been using Rhino and grasshopper. Any Ideas as to why it can't find Rhino. Thanks
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Richard,

I am sure we can sort it out!

Based on your signature I assume you are on macOS 10.14. The first thing I would check in this case, is whether you have ever used Grasshopper on that computer before. When you first install Rhino, it is just a Drag-and-drop, but the system won't register that it is installed. You will need to open Rhino, start Grasshopper, and play around with it a bit, and then quit the application. When you quit the applications, several system level settings are created, that will tell the installer that you have Grasshopper and Rhino installed on your machine.

Please try this, then restart the computer and try installing the add-on again. If it didn't help, please get the installer logs from this folder, and send them to me, so that I can take a look at what might go wrong. Also, please let me know what version of Rhino you have installed, and what version of ARCHICAD you are using.

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

rjwilden
Booster
Hi

I tried all your suggestions and it still can't find Rhino. So will send you the log. Not sure where to send this, do you have an email address.

Thanks Richard
Dunedin, New Zealand.
matthewjj
Newcomer
Are you using Rhino 5 or Rhino 6. The plug-in appears to only support Rhino 5.
matt johnson
archicad since 2004
imac 27, 4.2 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, radeon 575 4 GB, macOS 10.14.6
imac, 4.0ghz i7, 16gb ram, Radeon M9 390 2GB, OS X El Capitan
rjwilden
Booster
Yes using Rhino 6. Is nah correct plugin won't work on 6.0
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Hello,
I see that the AC23 Live Connection has been released. Why isn't it possible to have both 22 and 23 versions installed at the same time?
thank you
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11