Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Different zone height rules in same project

Strawbale23
Expert

Hi, I would like to be able to calculate zone surface areas with different criteria within the same project. I see that height criteria for zones is set at a project level and not for individual zones, is there no way around this? I would like sole zones to reduce area based in maximum height, but for other zones to ignore this rule. 

Thanks 

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

It's a long standing wish.

Especially for us in Germany, because there are different metrics (e.g. DIN 277 vs. Wohnflächenverordnung) for zones, and we need to deliver all of them at the same time.

This is still not feasible.

It is a big big problem that GS thinks it's enough to set up the calculation just project-wide.

Not only need zones to be treated differently in the same project, they also need to be treated differently at the same time!

I still hope that we gain such simple and essential function at some point....

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
runxel
Legend

It's a long standing wish.

Especially for us in Germany, because there are different metrics (e.g. DIN 277 vs. Wohnflächenverordnung) for zones, and we need to deliver all of them at the same time.

This is still not feasible.

It is a big big problem that GS thinks it's enough to set up the calculation just project-wide.

Not only need zones to be treated differently in the same project, they also need to be treated differently at the same time!

I still hope that we gain such simple and essential function at some point....

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Ok, Thanks for confirming that.

It's strange. I keep coming up against quite simple but essential basics of architectural work processes that are not addressed in Archicad. I'm curious as to the guiding factor in Archicads development road map, because it seems that some absolutely essential basics to our work flow are not addressed.  

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/