Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

File Management - TW and Solo Mix Up

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having a terrible time with everyone mixing up whether our latest and greatest file is our team worked file or our solo projects. we try to archive which ever is not most recent, but it doesn't always happen and inevitably some one always end up in the wrong file working on something out of date.

We cannot store Solo Projects on the BIM sever can we?

OR is there a way one can open a team work project and reserve EVERYTHING? so we don't have to screw around with all that teamwork stuff if we're the only person in the project?

I am trying to figure out a way that we can keep ALL of our project on the bim server so we aren't mixing up our files anymore.

Further more our Teamwork files are all so slow and awful that we are always saving them out as solo projects at the first opportunity because they are so frustrating.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, PLN files as such cannot be uploaded and stored on a BIM Server (but it is possible to create PLN backups).

You can use the Teamwork\Reserve All command to reserve all elements in the Project File. This will reserve all elements, but other Users will still be able to create new elements.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank You Laszlo.
Where do I set up where I am saving these back up .pln files to? is that through the BIM server Control center?
or is it automatic?
I do see that I have it set up to save them, but I am not sure where it is saving them to.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
PLN backups are saved on the BIM Server into the same folder normal backups are saved into. You cannot specify the folder for them. You can download them from the BIM Server if you want, though.

Edit:
For example, if I have the BIM Server installed in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\BIM Server

Shared TW Projects are stored in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\BIM Server\Server Modules\1700\Projects

And this is on of the folders the backups of one Project are stored:

C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\BIM Server\Server Modules\1700\Projects\EF202662-5E9F-40D3-9230-3601F9527019\Backups

I can see the PLN backups saved for this Project in this folder.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank You!