Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

How to send data from ArchiCAD add on with C++ API to SQL server

Nathan676
Participant

I am working on an add on that goes through the data inside the ArchiCAD model and pulls data and pushes it into a SQL Server. I am new to C++ but have a background in C#. How should I set up the connection between the add on and the SQL Server? I was trying to use the nuget package Microsoft.Data.SqlClient but I keep getting an error saying that " Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Details
Error Could not install package 'Microsoft.Data.SqlClient 5.2.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'native,Version=v0.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author."

Does this package work with the ArchiCAD API? Is there a better way to connect to a SQL Server? Has anyone else connected their add on to a SQL Server Database?

Thanks

Operating system used: Windows 24

0 REPLIES 0

Setup info provided by author