Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

ID manager update

marekj
Newcomer

So I just learned out that AC has a feature called ID manager, just to find out that it only works with object properties, which I find a bit obsolete after introduction of classification properties. I think it many will agree it would be helpful to update this feature. Setting up IDs for doors and windows, for exemple, manually is not only very time consuming but also very prone to errors which can end up being quite costly. I don't seem to have access to the Wishes forum, unfortunately, so it would be nice if someone with access who agrees could forward it there.

Operating system used: Windows

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

Element ID Manager only controls the ID of elements.

It has always been a part of Archicad and is not new, although you nay have only just discovered it.

It hasn't been updated in years.

It can filter elements and objects based on certain criteria, but object properties is not one of them.

If you have seen the 'Attached Property Object Name' criteria, that is to do with the old and now obsolete listing schemes.

This listing scheme was used before we had interactive schedules.

So it can't use object properties or classification properties.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author