Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Layer combinations for Layouts (AC 10)

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does not look like layouts in AC 10 include the possibility for associated layer combinations. The issue is related to what layers your tittle blocks are on and any other elements that are "drawn" or placed in the layout. Certain notes would work well to be added to the layouts versus the drawing view. I suppose everything could be put on the archicad layer, but this is limiting. Does anyone have a recommended procedure for layers used associated with the layouts?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Rick wrote:
A little off topic, but something I figured out the hard way, layers in plotmaker are buggy coming into 10. I was purging layers so as not to clutter the combined file, and somethings disappeared. They were on a layer un-checked... so I thought empty. These are the default plotmaker layers. The two I have reading as empty, but are not, are"notes" and "additional graphics" , so I deleted them. Some read properly as having content, some don't.
AC9 used to list layers that had something on them as "Empty" once in a while too. I got to a point where I did not trust it unless I had checked those layers myself (God help me if there was a lot of details to check, at which point i would usually leave it alone)
I too have always been a bit suspicious of the check box in Attribute Manager. Unless I know the bits are easily recovered, I don't trust it for purging layers. (There is also the way it shows as used layers which are only the default settings of the tools - used or not.)