Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Merge Items but Don't Merge Measurements?

Jeff Galbraith
Advocate

When you check the 'Merge Items box in a schedule Archicad behaves differently depending on the data type in a given Field.  ie: If the value is a numeric user input value such as 10.0, it shows '10.0' regardless of how many of that same object there are in the schedule.  However if the field is a measurement value such as 5'-0" (5 feet and 0 inches) then if there are ten of those same objects the number shown in the schedule field will be '50'-0".  Archicad chooses to add them together.  

Can this be controlled for each field?  ie: is there a way for me to choose when to add them up and when to show the value for a single object?

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14.5 Sonoma

Jeff G

Archicad 27 USA (full), Macbook Pro (16-inch 2023, M3 MAX, 128 GB RAM)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

Sorry for the German screenshot but you'll get the gist.

Click on the button in the headline and use "list of values" instead of "sum of values". Bam!

runxel_0-1716721720207.png

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
runxel
Legend

Sorry for the German screenshot but you'll get the gist.

Click on the button in the headline and use "list of values" instead of "sum of values". Bam!

runxel_0-1716721720207.png

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Nice!  Thanks Runxel.  So that's what that button is for.  😁 What version did that get introduced?  I don'f feel like I ever saw it in versions 24 or prior.

Thanks again!

Jeff G

Archicad 27 USA (full), Macbook Pro (16-inch 2023, M3 MAX, 128 GB RAM)

Setup info provided by author