BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

PROPERTIES: Using as autotext

Aurasphere
Advocate

Im referencing some properties in text boxes they dont show the value, just the #name of prop?

Mark Wesse
AC26 | Win10 | Since v6.5r
Architerion - Architectural Systems Developer
Aurasphere - Acoustics
Building Biology - Human Compatible Architecture
"--- Every time...do it better ---"

3 REPLIES 3

To my knowledge property Autotexts only work in associated Labels. Are you using such a label or just the normal text tool? I think normal text boxes cannot be associated to elements.
And if a label/text box isn't associated to an element there's actually no property to evaluate, since properties are associated to elements or attributes.

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: Archi-XT.com
Aurasphere
Advocate

Sure

But if its referring to a constant, why does it need to evaluate? Cant we just reference?

Mark Wesse
AC26 | Win10 | Since v6.5r
Architerion - Architectural Systems Developer
Aurasphere - Acoustics
Building Biology - Human Compatible Architecture
"--- Every time...do it better ---"

Do you mean that your property has a default value? The property value can be changed to a custom value for each element. So in that case I wouldn't consider it a constant.

So now I think that you would like to show the default value of a property? In that case again, I think it's only possible with an associated label where you hide some dummy element but not the label itself.

Bernd Schwarzenbacher - Archicad Add-On Developer - Get Add-Ons & Archicad Tips on my Website: Archi-XT.com
Learn and get certified!