Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Printing a ghost layer?

lagodue
Newcomer
One of my floor plans (storage above a kitchen ceiling) I now show as a second story with ghosted first floor. In PlotMaker, the ghosted story will not appear - only my second story specific lines and notes.

Am I missing something here? Shouldn't the ghosted lines show up in PlotMaker?
"Bob" - Church of the Sub-Genius
Graphisoft afficionado since 1993
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
Nope. Ghost stories do not appear in Plotmaker.

It's a LONG standing question that I'm sure a search would turn up dozens of posts about.
Tom Waltz
nasty little thing about PlotMaker. Here is one of the things I do to compensate.
Drag a copy of what you want on the ghost story off to the side. Explode it. Delete the fall out you don't want. Group. Change color. Put on sperate layer. Sometimes I even save it as a .gsm.

There are some other ways to compensate for no ghost stories in PlotMaker. None of them are as convenient as having the ghost story from ArchiCAD show up.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

__archiben
Booster
Steve wrote:
Drag a copy of what you want on the ghost story off to the side. Explode it. Delete the fall out you don't want. Group. Change color. Put on sperate layer. Sometimes I even save it as a .gsm.
nasty method! far easier, not to mention keeping the data live, to place a different view of whichever storey you want to ghost below the drawing you are placing in plotmaker.

ensure the top drawing is set to transparent, and change the pens on the bottom drawing to suit your needs (fade-back, punch-out, bit of both, whatever) . . . all you need it two hotspots to line them up (one on each drawing).

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Yes. That is the proper way to do it. It will also give you better control than the settings available for a ghost story in ArchiCAD.

The only reason I ever use other methods for a PlotMaker ghost stroy is because of the increase in update time for PlotMaker with extra drawings added.

Updating adds a serious amount of time to every project I have used PlotMaker for. Having to do it 100 times or so is not uncommon. I am always looking for ways to reduce this time. It makes PlotMaker not worthwhile for me on small projects where the advantages of PlotMaker are not very important.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

aahatimo
Newcomer
TomWaltz wrote:
is this still true w/ v10?
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
aahatimo wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
is this still true w/ v10?
Ghost stories still don't print, but the drawing updates are lots faster so overlaying drawings has no downside and the advantage of better control.
Learn and get certified!