Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Project migration

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask you for an advise.

Last year I created a project as an Archicad 13 teamwork project.

Now I need to import this project into our company template (still in AC13). I mean, I need to import the actual virtual building into the new file, where all views, layers, layouts and such are set anew. I don't want to import any of the old documentation tools.

What's the best way to process this? Is it better for me to merge the two files, or do some more old-style copy-paste action?

Thanks!

Enrico
8 REPLIES 8
Eduardo Rolon
Start with;

Under Help-> AC14 Reference Guide

In the PDF file read the Chapter called
-Migration Guide for Archicad 14
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
We don't need to migrate to AC14. We need to migrate an existing virtual building model into a company template, in the same version of Archicad (13).
Eduardo Rolon
Oops, sorry

Most of the times I use copy/paste.
Sometimes I need to use Attribute Manager.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's worth getting to know Attibute Manager so you understand the issues and subtleties. Since the templates affect all derivative projects it's worth taking extra time to get it right.
Anonymous
Not applicable
How about merging the two files together instead? I really have no idea about what can be best in this case.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Enrico wrote:
How about merging the two files together instead? I really have no idea about what can be best in this case.
It depends on what you want to convey. Merging will allow you to bring in model elements, layouts, viewpoints and some annotations but not all the views (AFAIK) but it can also muck up the attributes depending on how divergent the two files are.
Eduardo Rolon
Merging will bring everything in and you will not be able to control if there is stuff you don't need.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks both of you!

I'm looking into the Attributes to to clean up our template as much as possible.