BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Place Module>Choose Hotlink cleanup

owen
Newcomer
hi,

Is there a way to clean out unused Hotlink links stored within a file?

ArchiCAD seems to remember any hotlink module that has ever been placed in a file - not only those that are currently placed. This can be seen in the Place Module>Choose Hotlink dialog - in the screenshot attached note there are two Grid L14.MOD hotlinks, one linked to L14 and the other L15. L15 was a mistake in the module creation corrected by the L14 version, however the L15 version remains although it is no longer placed in the file.

It seems ArchiCAD is getting confused by the two hotlinks with the same file name as every time I refresh the L14 version the Hotlink manager immediately shows it as Modified again.

Another issue is I could not relink the L15 version to the L14 version - it would simply show as OK in the Hotlink Manager. In order to replace I had to delete the L15 version, place the L14 version in a different file to recognise the correct story, and then cut-paste this instance back into the main file.

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
1 REPLY 1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
ArchiCAD falls down a bit here IMO, especially when relinking to a module of another story.

I always use the Change Hotlink> New Hotlink... command and never the Relink command.

You should find that next time you open the project the hotlink references in the 'Choose Hotlink' dialog will be gone.

Certainly works for me, so perhaps try that, then shutting down and reopening the project?

I've had many discussions with GS Tech support about hotlinked modules lately and am really hopeful they will iron out some of these little wrinkles.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!