Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Unit Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I have a question regarding units. My software version is 24 USA EDU. I'm currently working on an assignment which requires using metric units. I changed the units to centimetres respectively in "Working Units", "Dimensions", and "Calculation Units & Rules" under "Options -> Project Preferences". I also saved the unit settings in "Dimensions" as "Centimetres". However, no matter how many times I tried, as long as I switched a view, the dimension units turned automatically to the imperial "Custom". Did I miss any setting or is this a software bug? Thanks for any potential help.
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Shenghao Zhou:

Each View has its own Settings, where you can assign the Centimetres Dimensioning preference you created. In the Navigator, select your Views, click on the Settings... button and assign the Centimetres dimension preference under 2D/3D Documents > Dimensioning:

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply. I will have a try later on.