BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

archicad/HBIM

LM2F
Participant

Hello group! I would like to share a doubt I can develop some kind of map for identifying and cataloging pathologies with tools that are easy to model, as shown in the example below

Captura de tela 2023-01-13 014101.png

This image is taken from an HBIM example from the edificius software by acca-software if you could create schedules showing examples of pathologies (shapes or colors as shown in the image) it would be perfect!

I appreciate the help of the community for the development of archicad/HBIM

analise-da-degradacao-com-Edificius.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I would probably try to achieve these patches using images with alpha channels, placed using the Figure Tool in Elevation Viewpoints.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein

@LM2F wrote:

This image is taken from an HBIM example from the edificius software by acca-software if you could create schedules showing examples of pathologies (shapes or colors as shown in the image) it would be perfect!

While custom textures or fills aligned with walls would allow for some of the historic pathology that you illustrate, it would not allow scheduling/etc.  Looking at edificius, it seems tailor made for the situation that you are describing - so I would wonder why you wouldn't just use edificius and use the resulting model as a reference model in Archicad - assumning that ediificius can export in a useful format?  I don't think that there is enough demand to add any of these features to Archicad itself (yours is the first time I've seen a desire to catalog cracks/etc in existing buildings).
https://www.accasoftware.com/en/hbim-historic-buildings

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karol Argasinski
Enthusiast

Hi there,

We were checking Edificius and it's HBIM module - what is interesting about those cracks they are being nicely exported to IFC, meaning you can get all metadata in 3D as well. 

I think all the pathologies can be nicely organised with proper classification - I was trying to create some Graphical Overrides for it and the results were quite nice looking. It is definitely achievable "by hand".

Best
Karol

OPENBIM does works!
ArchiCAD 22/23/24/25/26/27 INT &POL

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 128GB RAM, GeForce RTX 3070, Windows 11 Pro
MBP 14 M1 Max 10C 32GB
http://www.bimfaktoria.pl/
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!