Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

standard notes.... autoText / project info?

Anonymous
Not applicable
howdy

part of the work that we have come thru the office involves projects that have alot of repetitive notes... both from story to story.. and from project to project

i was hoping to be able to set-up some sort of repository for these notes and then be able to use something like the label tool to note up the drawings.... at the moment i could enter them all in the "project info" and then use the label tool and autotext them in.... but there must be a better and more efficient way

if not... i notice that within the "project info" dialog box.. that some of the data is broken down into categories.. is it possible to create my own categories and assign different notes to different categories

any help/ insight would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

yukioMishima
2 REPLIES 2
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
There's no way of adding new categories AFAIK.

One method of doing this is to create modules of your notes and merge them in whenevr you need them. Or even better IMHO is to include a few independent details in your template containing all your notes. Then you have the ability to drag and drop them right into your working window.

Cheers,
Link.
For a bunch of relatively short notes, I've always thought about creating them as a label with no leader, and then saving them as a Favorite. Seems like it could be really fast to double-click a favorites list to get specific notes. It would also be cool if they could autonumber.

But I've never really explored this since I do the independent detail thing. This is nice because when you place it in layout, it hides the gridlines, whereas labels don't.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10