cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

transferring settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a new computer and I don't want to have to redo all my settings... layers, colors and lines, keyboard shortcuts, etc. Does anyone know what files I need to transfer to my new computer in order to get my settings over there? Any help is much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
Lines, colors, etc, are not based on the computer, they are based on the PLN file.

I am not sure about Windows, but on Apple the user preferences are under Library/Preferences/Graphisoft/Archicad 10/
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I'm looking for it on a PC. However, there must be some preference file for linestyles, colors, and layers because on my old PC I get the ones that I set myself whenever I create a new pln file...unless they just carry over from the last file opened.
Anonymous
Not applicable
go to your work environment settings now and save them to a server, or to the new computer. when you start up AC on the new machine, go back to work environment and load up your saved settings.

linestyles colors and layers are pulled from the last open file. if you have an old file you like the settings on, save it as a template and store it on the network for everyone else to use as well...
TomWaltz
Participant
bnushi wrote:
Thanks, I'm looking for it on a PC. However, there must be some preference file for linestyles, colors, and layers because on my old PC I get the ones that I set myself whenever I create a new pln file...unless they just carry over from the last file opened.
It depends on what option you use when you create a new PLN. There is an option to "Use Latest Settings" that copies whatever is in your current file.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies. I got this message from a tech support site:

1. Look in your ArchiCAD folder (PC) or in your system folder:preferences (MAC) 2. Find the files
ArchCAD Basic.pr&
ArchCAD Basic.prf
ArchCAD lasting.prf

Transfer these to the new machines archicad folder.

Thank you,

Daniel Pon
Graphisoft U.S., Inc.

It worked. Thanks again for your replies.