Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D window viewing problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, I'm having an annoying problem with viewing my model in 3d. It's as if a cutting plane is placed a few meters in front of the camera. Also navigating with the orbit is very glitchy. The model is often zoomed out really far away. I hope my explanation makes sense.
2 REPLIES 2
Belinda Ercan
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi there,

Orbiting is glitchy? I never faced this problem, unless there are a bazillion other programs running on my PC while using Archicad.
3D viewport zoomed out? That usually happens when you have one or more objects placed somewhere very very far away from your main model, and the camera tries to cover it in its focal range.
Could you post a picture of the "cutting plane" that's seemingly in front of the camera?

Thanks,

B
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello vishalnickson,

As Bercan said, most of the time this is caused by something that is far from the rest of the project. To solve this, turn all the layers off in 3D, and then start turning them on one-by-one. When it goes wrong again, you have found the layer that contains the faulty element.

If the above method is not working, there might still be an element far away, but then you will have to locate it in the floor plan. There's also a known issue that this can be because of certain railings. If it turns out that nothing is far, but when you turn on the layer of the railing it goes wrong, contact your local support with your project file so that they can help.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit