BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Memory allocation problem

Mishi
Participant
Hi Everyone,

we just got our 8 core, 8GB macpro system for one reason. to be able to render huge masterplans in high resoultion, since archad always reported it's not able to do rendering because of not enough memory.

so we invested in this beast and we have serious problems.
when we are generating 3D window and archicad starts to allocate memory at the 2GB mark the activity monitor reports 16,000,000 TB. after this in most case we are not able to render anything. it just hangs up. Watching it also the "top" in x11, the memory just stops changing.

the attached picture renders, b/c i turned of some layers, but it still reports TB when hits 2GB.

So it seems like ArchiCAD cannot allocate more than 2GB. I thought even 9 could allocate 4GB of physical memory. So what is going on here exactly. We are really dissapointed.

We reported this problem yesterday to our local dealer with the file, but I don't know how fast graphisoft will respond.

I attached a screenshot.

Does anyone have similar problems?

PS> On my G5 system with 2GB of RAM renders this model up to 4048 pixel wide with all layers and with the best resolution using lightworks.
Is there a significant difference between the mactel and the ppc version of archiCAD in memory allocation wise.

Thanks

Mishi
Mishi Szabo
Urban Strategies Inc.

---------
Dual QuadCore Xeon Intel Mac 8GB Memory
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mishi wrote:

PS> On my G5 system with 2GB of RAM renders this model up to 4048 pixel wide with all layers and with the best resolution using lightworks.
Is there a significant difference between the mactel and the ppc version of archiCAD in memory allocation wise.

Thanks

Mishi
The difference is with the OS. I have had nothing but issues with the Macintels using Apples own software and 10.4 on a G4 2nd gen. all but destroyed it. There is a time formatting error somewhere along the line. Many pro Apps such as ArchiCAD miss this because they are not Universal and do not use the kernel extensions writing directly to the kernel. QuickTime (the OS) uses the graphics card whenever possible freeing up RAM for processing tasks which should only kick in when you save. The generating image should only be using the VRAM.

I am simply amazed as this is the only forum where Mac users are not experiencing the numerous issues being reported on other forums with external drives, over heating, cameras, crashes, kernel panics, hanging, G5 graphic card failures and the like. I am using AC9 for some animations and it along with PhotoShop CS are the most stable apps and run under Rosetta. All my universal apps are absolute garbage. Have you resolved this? Do you have any reports that you can post indicating the errors when this occurs?

Thank You
Jeffrey
Mishi
Participant
HI Jeffrey,

Thanks for the response.
What you say make a big sense. I'm just uspolutly dissapointed that ArchiCAD 11 doesn't work the same way on a MacPro than on my G5. that's why i said earlier, both parties Apple and GS having problems here with the Mactel. What makes me angry is feeling like i'm using a windows pc and that's not what we bought.

GS has replied on my problem with a rediculous answer which is not even related to the problem. Like they didn't read my whole bugreport and the sample file what i sent them.
I made a workaround and i do partial renderings and stick them together. but this is unacceptable solution. I sent them crash reports, syslogs regarding archicad and the bug. Looking at the bug report it's deffinetly a memory allocation problem.
Also i beleive there is something with the multi core systems. That's why i'm wondering what LWS version they use for engine. LWS claims they support up to 16 processors. or so...

I was reading a lot about other softwares problems. I cannot beleive how sensitve all of them with ram combinations. (We ordered our beast 8 core machine with 8GB ram (2x2x2x2) from apple.) After all i can also think we just should have ordered with 1GB pieces so all slots are filled. but you never know what works. nobody gives you a machine like that for test and GS dont' have a test machine for sure like that.
we had a test machine from apple, with the old 4 core mactel our model rendered properly (in may the model was smaller), but that came with osx.4.5 and archicad 10. that's why i'm thinking there might be OS X problems too.

I'm reading people's posts about rendering and how much trouble they have with a little model. just a few min ago i saw this post. the model has only 22000 polygons. for everyones info, we are rendering over 2.5 million polygons right now. and my g5 has no problem with it. that's why i'm getting so angry... so much money for nothing.

ok here is the sys log of that if it helps. first of all activity monitor over 2GB reports in terrabit (i figured out TB is terrabit in this case), second of all when all processors just start to kick in (goes up to 700%) for the rendering part, than in a sec shows like something shuts them down and goes dead with one core.

Mac OS X Version 10.4.9 (Build 8P4037)
2007-07-31 12:16:20 -0400
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b668200) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=141574144) failed (error code=3)
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b668200) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b668200) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b668600) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=141574144) failed (error code=3)
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b668600) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b668600) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b668a00) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=141574144) failed (error code=3)
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b668a00) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b668a00) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b668e00) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=141574144) failed (error code=3)
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b668e00) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b668e00) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b669200) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=141574144) failed (error code=3)
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b669200) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b669200) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b66a000) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=141574144) failed (error code=3)
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b66a000) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b66a000) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b66a400) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=141574144) failed (error code=3)
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b66a400) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
ArchiCAD(245,0x3b66a400) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/smbfs.kext loaded successfully
mount_smbfs: tree connect phase failed: syserr = No such file or directory
mount_smbfs: tree connect phase failed: syserr = No such file or directory
Mishi Szabo
Urban Strategies Inc.

---------
Mishi
Participant
one more thing. looking at our polygon count (2.5 million), archicad has a huge potential here. LWS is not bad at all. i just beleive it is not implemented as it supposed to be. overall, we are just on the edge with this model, but the client wants this in one piece...
If you think it over, other 3d modeler softwares handels 10 times more than this.. i can hear other people, "than use that". but the truth is, nothing beats archicad in workspeed. most of our work is pure modeling, 30% of it also drawings but master plans. so we use the 2d info too. there is no way we could use other softwares like maya or 3d studio. rendering wise: i've tried Electric image. first of all AC exports has problems. all of them (even Artlantis)... models cannot be saved out over certain number of polygons. Electric image couldn't render our model either; not even close. same issue. not enough memory (8GB????)-(and that was just a small portion of the model) and the last thing, why would anyone waste time to export redo materials so on and than render. top of that there will be always changes in the model. so do the math. and the lightings. such a hussle in other softwares. i'm so glad at least we have now this sky and sun object. huge difference. but there are downsides with it too...
I'm just hoping this whole memory issue with the mactel will be sorted out very very soon.
Mishi Szabo
Urban Strategies Inc.

---------
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mishi wrote:
HI Jeffrey,

Thanks for the response.
What you say make a big sense. I'm just uspolutly dissapointed that ArchiCAD 11 doesn't work the same way on a MacPro than on my G5. that's why i said earlier, both parties Apple and GS having problems here with the Mactel. What makes me angry is feeling like i'm using a windows pc and that's not what we bought.
Hi Mishi

I have been having numerous challenges with the Mac since 10.3.9 was released and it got worse with 10.4. The OS is quite amazing especially when one considers how many different processors it can run on but G3 support should have been dropped and 10.4 should have become the "9.2" standard for the G4's and the Macintel 1st generation. Leopard should be the G5 fair-well. OR They need to bring everything to a common clock in future releases as no matter what issues I've been dealing with they all occur calculating time. This also appears that it could be your issue as well. See the "security" portion below "reentrant and and concurrant access". Something has capture a portion of your screen or window and isn't giving it up and the processor keeps (re)writing the library making the file size/memory requirements astronomical then telling you that you lack the HDD space for virtual memory.

I have similar situations with video files as well. They become at least three time their appropriate size.

On a side note: For rendering large projects as this though you may want to check into XGrid and Bonjour as you can now harness the available processors and create a "rendering farm" with all those dust collectors capable of running 10.4.

Here are some portions of my latest bug report. It is somewhat old now but compare it with the latest Apple updates. The updates just seem to move the symptoms around appearing in different places on different machines and and not really fixing anything.

If you've looked at the movie portion of my last bug report I posted in the "No more Power PC support" thread you will see numerous issues during playback. Any clue what language 32767 that is listed in the movie's audio properties is? Me either. I do know the same number appears when I crash waiting for an event though. And that here also the language I use determines certain time formats for various applications

Last sent to Apple Legal on 20070622

1.1 : Product/Component:

Mack OS X.4.0+, BSD (POSIX API), Core Audio, Core Video, Core Image, Quartz Composer, iDisk, .Mac QuickTime, Mail (including PLP), Safari, iTunes, iLife and PPC apps iWork 05, Appleworks. Firewire, Graphics Cards, Batteries, chargers and other hardware, Superdrive, UDF, ISO 9660(?)

Security:

Information Assurance is not attainable nor is Common Criteria as the very basic requirements of an OS cannot be met. Mac OS 10.3.9+ has an error with a time formatter that is arbitrarily changing dates and times (most often times only, though I recall date issues with 10.0 &.1). The OS is altering and or destroying data and devices as it appears unable to protect against reentrant or concurrent access to resources. Function calls are not being serialized properly rendering work loops and events incapable of performing their functions and/or accessing critical resources across four architectures of hardware. (G4-IC2D). It appears that the algorithms are correct (to my limited knowledge) and these errors would not be caught by any debugging method or software intended for such use. Whenever dependencies are on time calculations applications crash, hang and/or data is lost and hardware failures occur as the time formats being used are not able to properly sync as many of the applications are using too many time formats that are not being properly transfered and are instead being transposed.Seconds are calculated as minutes, decimal seconds as seconds and so on depending on the specific application and the time formatter it uses locally and/or internally.

I'm not too optimistic about any patches or fixes even in Leopard. It took me about a year to figure any of this out and many things that I never would have imagined to be related are. I have been aboe to trace this to the G3 DVD issues as well as the current DVD issues.

Wish I could help more but am only using 9. This is what I have found though and the more I search the more it becomes evident that timeing is the issue
Mishi
Participant
hi Jeffrey,

I jost got back from hilday. Wow. what a write up. i have to read it carefully again b/c i didn't understand it at first...

M.
Mishi Szabo
Urban Strategies Inc.

---------
Mishi
Participant
ok. This is a little bit unclear for me. but i try one thing. bring down the texture size even if its big in in pixels, under 400Kb or maybe more. also maybe i will try to render this without transparency (which a i never tried).
Mishi Szabo
Urban Strategies Inc.

---------
Mishi
Participant
I've done an other attampt. This is what the console says after it hangs up before the rendering process (3rd stage - preparation): Would be really nice if someone from GS chime in...

Mac OS X Version 10.4.10 (Build 8R2232)
2007-08-27 15:16:40 -0400
2007-08-27 15:16:41.442 SystemUIServer[78] lang is:en
2007-08-27 15:16:42.561 Mac Pro SMC Firmware Update[84] Mac Pro SMC Firmware Update version 1.1
2007-08-27 15:16:42.561 Mac Pro SMC Firmware Update[84] OS version is 0x1049
SystemFlippers: didn't consume all data for vers ID 1 (pBase = 0x1ac54220, p = 0x1ac5426f, pEnd = 0x1ac54270)
IFC_Common::CheckEnvironment()
IFC_2x3::CheckEnvironment()
IFC_2x2::CheckEnvironment()
IFC_Common::RegisterInterface()
IFC_2x3::RegisterInterface()
IFC_2x2::RegisterInterface()
SystemFlippers: didn't consume all data for vers ID 1 (pBase = 0x1aca4f10, p = 0x1aca4f57, pEnd = 0x1aca4f58)
SystemFlippers: didn't consume all data for vers ID 1 (pBase = 0x1aca4f10, p = 0x1aca4f57, pEnd = 0x1aca4f58)
URLAccess version 33.0

RunTimeErrorException: "GetConvexPolygons failed"
/Volumes/Cyrus/AutoBuild.Cyrus/Cyrus/Sources/GSModeler/GSModelerDLL/Model3D/Model3D.cpp(453)
/Volumes/Cyrus/AutoBuild.Cyrus/Cyrus/Sources/GSModeler/GSModelerDLL/Model3D/Model3D.cpp(453)
*DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lisystem" 1 ]
*DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "limemman" 17 ]
*DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidriver" 26 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 203
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvcar" 128 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "limultit" 82 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lilwaio" 150 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "livm" 154 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishaddb" 155 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liplugin" 148 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liplgman" 164 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liview" 9 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "ligeom" 2 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lixform" 15 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lipoly" 3 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishader" 5 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liitface" 140 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liraycor" 136 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirayshw" 138 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirayful" 137 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirenwir" 10 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishslte" 73 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishlite" 74 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishclas" 75 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishray" 139 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishpro" 76 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirenstd" 12 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirenadv" 32 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "ligeops" 22 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirenhid" 25 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvexr" 157 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvlwi" 28 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvbmp" 38 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvtga" 39 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvtif" 40 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvdum" 37 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvjpg" 79 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvhdr" 160 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liradios" 6 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liselect" 16 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "litree" 47 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "ligeoout" 59 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "livrml" 67 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liphoto" 66 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liscrbuf" 69 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishpost" 68 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "licolour" 81 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "limeshio" 70 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lifilter" 98 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "litexgen" 102 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liiir" 114 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liesslte" 124 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liogldrv" 116 ]
INFO: Module 5, diagnostic code 532
INFO: Module 5, diagnostic code 533
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liopengl" 111 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liglutil" 142 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lisketch" 130 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "linpr" 96 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liobject" 112 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liiomgr" 149 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirpc" 147 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirenout" 132 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvepx" 131 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "licrypto" 152 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liplgdb" 158 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liptstor" 161 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liirad" 163 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lilic" 21 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lisesman" 23 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lisesman" 23 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lilic" 21 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liirad" 163 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liptstor" 161 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liplgdb" 158 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "licrypto" 152 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lidrvepx" 131 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lirenout" 132 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lirpc" 147 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liiomgr" 149 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liobject" 112 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "linpr" 96 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lisketch" 130 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liglutil" 142 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liopengl" 111 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liogldrv" 116 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liesslte" 124 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liiir" 114 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "litexgen" 102 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lifilter" 98 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "limeshio" 70 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "licolour" 81 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lishpost" 68 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liscrbuf" 69 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liphoto" 66 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "livrml" 67 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "ligeoout" 59 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "litree" 47 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liselect" 16 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liradios" 6 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lidrvhdr" 160 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lidrvjpg" 79 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lidrvdum" 37 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lidrvtif" 40 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lidrvtga" 39 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lidrvbmp" 38 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lidrvlwi" 28 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lidrvexr" 157 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lirenhid" 25 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "ligeops" 22 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lirenadv" 32 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lirenstd" 12 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lishpro" 76 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lishray" 139 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lishclas" 75 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lirenwir" 10 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lirayful" 137 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lirayshw" 138 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liraycor" 136 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liitface" 140 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lishader" 5 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lipoly" 3 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lixform" 15 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "ligeom" 2 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liview" 9 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liplgman" 164 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "liplugin" 148 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lishaddb" 155 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "livm" 154 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lilwaio" 150 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "limultit" 82 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lidrvcar" 128 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lidriver" 26 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 259 [ "lisystem" 1 ]
*DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lisystem" 1 ]
*DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "limemman" 17 ]
*DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidriver" 26 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvcar" 128 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "limultit" 82 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lilwaio" 150 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "livm" 154 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishaddb" 155 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liplugin" 148 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liplgman" 164 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liview" 9 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "ligeom" 2 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lixform" 15 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lipoly" 3 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishader" 5 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liitface" 140 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liraycor" 136 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirayshw" 138 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirayful" 137 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirenwir" 10 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishslte" 73 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishlite" 74 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishclas" 75 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishray" 139 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishpro" 76 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirenstd" 12 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirenadv" 32 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "ligeops" 22 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirenhid" 25 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvexr" 157 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvlwi" 28 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvbmp" 38 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvtga" 39 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvtif" 40 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvdum" 37 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvjpg" 79 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvhdr" 160 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liradios" 6 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liselect" 16 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "litree" 47 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "ligeoout" 59 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "livrml" 67 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liphoto" 66 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liscrbuf" 69 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lishpost" 68 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "licolour" 81 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "limeshio" 70 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lifilter" 98 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "litexgen" 102 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liiir" 114 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liesslte" 124 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liogldrv" 116 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liopengl" 111 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liglutil" 142 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lisketch" 130 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "linpr" 96 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liobject" 112 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liiomgr" 149 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirpc" 147 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lirenout" 132 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lidrvepx" 131 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "licrypto" 152 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liplgdb" 158 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liptstor" 161 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "liirad" 163 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lilic" 21 ]
DEBUG: Module 1, diagnostic code 822 [ "lisesman" 23 ]
ArchiCAD(196,0x4de41800) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=114323456) failed (error code=3)
ArchiCAD(196,0x4de41800) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
ArchiCAD(196,0x4de41800) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
ArchiCAD(196,0x4de41c00) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=114323456) failed (error code=3)
ArchiCAD(196,0x4de41c00) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
ArchiCAD(196,0x4de41c00) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
ArchiCAD(196,0x4de42000) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=114323456) failed (error code=3)
ArchiCAD(196,0x4de42000) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
ArchiCAD(196,0x4de42000) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
ArchiCAD(196,0x4de42400) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=114323456) failed (error code=3)
ArchiCAD(196,0x4de42400) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
ArchiCAD(196,0x4de42400) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
ArchiCAD(196,0x4e851000) malloc: *** vm_allocate(size=114323456) failed (error code=3)
ArchiCAD(196,0x4e851000) malloc: *** error: can't allocate region
ArchiCAD(196,0x4e851000) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
Mishi Szabo
Urban Strategies Inc.

---------
Dwight
Newcomer
Krikey: "System FLippers"
Now they have Dolphins doing programming.
Dwight Atkinson
Mishi
Participant
you made me laugh now Dwight. good one...
But i'm flipping out more than the system...
Mishi Szabo
Urban Strategies Inc.

---------
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mishi wrote:
you made me laugh now Dwight. good one...
But I'm flipping out more than the system...
Most Apple techies, or geniuses if you must, have no clue what it is. I only know what it appears to do and I do know that it can't tell time either. I don't think it should be doing this here unless you are, by chance, running the PPC version of AC on an Intel? The system flipper seems to be Apples secret as they do not readily provide much about it and it appear to me to be a large component of Rosetta or it is Apple's key to creating a single OS to run on numerous processors/systems.

Below is yet another portion of a correspondence with Apple. They know there is an issue. What I don't get is that this is an extremely serious issue and Apple doesn't seem too concerned nor are the people who say these machines meet certain minimum requirement which they don't. Information Assurance would be a plus for me.

Below I am referring to HW and SW as only an error in the kernel will cause the issues many are experiencing especially HW failures.

There is an error in a time formatter or a cumulative error as they try to sync with the various clocks/timestamps they use (i.e. NSFormatter, InOutputFormatter, CAClockTime, kSMPTETimeType????, CVTimeStamp etc.) Many tech support people will insist on giving me blatantly false information (i.e It's not MPEG-1 popping in iTunes, it's an MPEG-3) all the while telling me that they have no clue of what I am talking about when I mention time formatters or system flippers.

This is what I think the problems are and many are related. It is a long process getting to the core at Apple I have been dealing with this issue for quite some time now. I don't think it is an AC thing.

A RunTimeError. It's a timing thing.

You are getting the same types of errors as many who don't even use AC.

I would push GS to push Apple to correct this as it is no doubt to me their error. I came here specifically looking for these kinds of errors. I didn't think AC could completely bypass the OS. Thanks for the post.
Learn and get certified!