Mats wrote:Haha, Swedish architect Zoltan Kiss.
Swedish Architect Zoltan Kiss
Also for advanced users and designers who operate worldwide a more detailed user guide with calculation assumptions would be appreciated, e.g. location and accuracy factors like:I second the need for a comprehensive user manual that could be available prior to purchase. We are leaning towards purchasing, but a list of assumptions and resources for calculations would seal the deal for us. I'm not pretending that I would be able to discern one program from another based on detailed calculation methods, but it would be beneficial to be able to say to a client 'this was based on this type of simulation (should they ask)'. There has been lots of great information passed around on this forum, but I am having to cut and paste it - together with info from the various websites and articles - to create a document explaining the assumptions of ED.
- which climate data has been used? (the source)
- the type of climate data? (e.g. recorded historical or averaged/calculated, hourly or monthly)
- occupancy gains patterns from which country's standard or code was used and would it be possible to edit it?
- is it a dynamic thermal simulation?
- is it hourly or monthly simulation? (affects results resolution and accuracy)
- please explain monthly energy balance components - some definitions are confusing, e.g. natural cooling in emitted energy?
- infiltration rates, facade shading definitions