BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

Any way to protect my archicad files?

Alison_007
Booster

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well? I would like to know, is there any way to protect my .pln files with a password or something similar? I only know how to put a password on the pdf generated by Archicad. thanks for all.

STUDIO A5 Architect - AC 26 | Computer: |7-12700H | 16GB RAM | Nvidia RTX 3060 | Windows 11 Pro.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Scraptrash
Booster

You can install bimcloud basic in your local computer and put your project files in it as teamwork files. Then you have full control on how other users can access your project files by setting the bimcloud user rights. It will be much better than setting a password to the pln files (if you could )

MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2021) Apple M1 Max 64GB macOS Monterey Archicad 26 MBP trackpad Logitech Master MX3

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

There isn't but there is a wish for some form of protection, especially to template files.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Really, it would be really nice. it already occurred to me exactly to lend my computer to someone and the person took my personal and company template

STUDIO A5 Architect - AC 26 | Computer: |7-12700H | 16GB RAM | Nvidia RTX 3060 | Windows 11 Pro.
Solution
Scraptrash
Booster

You can install bimcloud basic in your local computer and put your project files in it as teamwork files. Then you have full control on how other users can access your project files by setting the bimcloud user rights. It will be much better than setting a password to the pln files (if you could )

MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2021) Apple M1 Max 64GB macOS Monterey Archicad 26 MBP trackpad Logitech Master MX3
Learn and get certified!