BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server 15: Can't stay online, connected to server

Rick Newton
Newcomer
Hi All,
I get kicked offline about every 10 seconds. I am running the server on my local computer, the one I'm running AC15 on. I had it working before taking my computer home, then back to the office. I run "Check Connections" and it says, "Teamwork Communication failed. A firewall or other software or hardware appliance is blocking traffic on ...Port:15001. Please check firewall settings." I turned off Windows firewall. Still get the same error. Where can I change my server Port (from 15001)?
I use ESET NOD32, but I don't think that is blocking anything. I haven't changed firewall settings since Friday when everything was running fine.
To get Teamwork running fine, I disconnected from another server that was running BIM Server 13, connected a crossover cable to the other computer I use for the project, tethered internet connection using my cell phone, and all was good. No after the temporary move. I too want to be an architect & not an IT guy. Any thoughts?
Rick Newton, Architect, ArchiCAD 17, 27" iMac:•3.4GHz Core i7 •32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB •3TB Fusion Drive •NVIDIAGeForce GTX 680MX 2GB
3 REPLIES 3
Rick Newton
Newcomer
I'm replying to my own post - I noticed that I HAD changed a setting in BIM Server Preferences, Email Options, Mail server (SMTP) to something that must not have worked. After deleting it and leaving it blank, everything work!
We don't even use email communications in BIM Server, and it shouldn't have an effect on the operation of the Server, and wether or not I stay online or not. Must be bad programming in the server software.
So, I'm staying online for now.
Rick Newton, Architect, ArchiCAD 17, 27" iMac:•3.4GHz Core i7 •32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB •3TB Fusion Drive •NVIDIAGeForce GTX 680MX 2GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have the same problem here. It always happens after I restart the machine running the BIMServer. After a few days everything is back to normal!!

If you check the Work Offline check box in the teamwork palette, then re check it you should have about 10 seconds to reserve elements/send changes etc before it goes offline again.

If I have to restart the BimServer Machine, I do it on a Friday now!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same issue. 10 seconds after unchecking "Work Offline" it would go offline again.

So far my resolution has worked.

I simply recheck "Work Offline" before it goes offline on its own. The uncheck, then recheck, uncheck, recheck and keep repeating. Like toggling a switch until the darn thing works.

It's like you have to beat it at it's own game.
Learn and get certified!