Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM server/teamwork bugs & errors

Patrick M
Advisor

this happens way too frequently:
The BIMcloud will get caught with a "pending" pln back up, and this triggers teamwork errors (fail to send and receive being the most common), but it additionally blocks other server back ups from processing; meaning we are often left chasing teams out trying to get the most complete local data into a .pln to share as a new file and most/all team members end up losing some work.

This means a big part of my week is spent scrolling through BIM server project lists finding "pending" backups that need to be cleared out before teams lose their work or run into teamwork glitches.

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 1.17.11 PM.png

image (2).png

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
4 REPLIES 4

Finally, someone has spoken up about this. Thanks Patrick, it's almost as bad as the KLING virus.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6
Patrick M
Advisor

I just had a client who lost a weeks worth of work trying to salvage a t/w error. Granted, I am 90% sure (ok, maybe 99% sure) the data loss was a user error; but he swears he was s/r daily... this error popped up, saw the pending pln back up. cleared it, he reloaded, and nothing was received. the whole server does not register a single s/r for the last 2 weeks. Again, I suspect user error. He PROBABLY didn't s/r... but give that there is this lingering hang up on the server manager, I can't be 100% certain that this isn't a GS issue, and not on him.
it's these "little" bugs that keep me up at night. Please @GRAPHISOFT PLEASE, I haven't slept in 10 years!

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Patrick M
Advisor

I'm trying to test this out and see what the trigger could be, and I ran across an interesting case:

File last accessed by work station A on 6/12

File last modified by work station B on 6/10

Last successful pln back up on 6/4

Last successful Automatic back up on 6/11 (correlating to work station A access, I assume?)

Pending PLN back up on 6/17, almost a week after anyone had even joined/opened/sent/recieved anything

I thought s/r was the trigger for a scheduled pln back up. Is BIMcloud basic trying to create pln back ups regardless of s/r? If so, this could be catastrophic, as an idle project loses all it's back ups once they start getting written over. At the very least, patrolling the BIMcloud manager for pending back ups is going to be a new routine added to my daily workload.

Patrick M
Advisor

Another file, last modified 5/29, last join/send/recieve 6/12, pending pln back up 6/17

There is something on the BIMcloud manager, not the user side AC interface, that is triggering these back ups that are hanging as pending and blocking future back ups