BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Library Size and Number of Attributes - Impact on Performance

RileyDA
Contributor

I’m working on creating our office’s template for AC27 – we are migrating from AC25. I’m excited to see we can now organize attributes within folders (and more easily find attributes with the help of the search function).

Historically, we have tried to keep the number of surfaces in our template pretty low, partially because it makes it easier to quickly scan the list and make a selection. Now that we can use folders, I’m thinking about having our normal “base” set of surfaces and then creating folders that would hold a number of additional surfaces. For example, we would have 4 types of siding surfaces in the “base” selection and then we would have an “Additional Siding” folder with about 30 additional surfaces users could pick from.

The .jpg textures that make up the “Additional Siding” surfaces will be stored in a library folder on our BIMcloud Basic server.

Question #1: Will having these additional .jpg texture images in our BIMcloud Basic library make a large impact on Archicad’s performance? The .jpgs folder for the 30 additional surfaces is 25MB.

Question #2: Will having the 30 additional surface attributes as part of the template make a large impact on Archicad’s performance?

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

Questions 1 & 2 - I don't think you will notice any significant performance hit, unless you have very low spec machines.

I don't use BIMCloud, but my Texture and Picture library that gets loaded with every file is over 2GB in size.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks, Barry! That is reassuring.

I would love to hear from others about their experience with texture/picture library sizes on BIMcloud Basic.

Learn and get certified!