cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Windows on two story wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! I don't know if is a bug or I am doing some thing wrong.

On one workstation the window appears on the second floor where it supposed to be and on other workstation the same window shows on the first floor.

How is this possible, any suggestions?

Thank you
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are these views of the same file? I can see this happening if one is a separate file with the other hotlinked in. In that case it could be caused by a difference in the story settings if the windows are set relative a story rather than the wall.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the replay, but is one file only in Teamwork, there are no links.
The same window show different setting, in different workstations log on the same identical teamwork file.
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Which settings? The elevation height or the anchor?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The anchor point
Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems like it may be a bug. Have you tried changing it on one and/or the other workstations and sent and received changes?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I sign out of the project completely and I sign in again and the problem seems to disappear for now. May be was a wrong reservation about that wall, or something went wrong when I reserved it that already was reserved.
Thank you for your help
Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems more like a glitch than a bug then. Glad it worked out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Whether it's a glitch or bug, we are experiencing similar behavior. This example is a two story wall (free for reservation) next to a stairwell, with doors on each story. The door, showing marker #97, appears correctly in one user's TW file (image attached) on the 2nd story with Sill to Story 2 at 0'-0". You can review the parameters with the info box showing the selected door. After the snapshot, I did a send/receive on the two comparing users' computers.

The second user shows the same door on the 1st story instead of the 2nd. Not only that, the anchor point has been relocated from Sill to Story 2 to Sill to Story 1. The distance remained at 0'-0" as shown in the info box. Image to be attached to next post....
Clipboard-1.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Image #2 attached. Again, review the info box and this is the same door but shown in two different locations between two users. I would like to add there is a total of four users accessed this file and this error only appears in one - the other three are showing the door in its correct location on the 2nd story.

I had the erred user file reload the project from server per the comments of the previous post here and it has corrected the issue (for now).

I do not want this to be the constant work-around, reloading from server can take some time if this becomes very recurrent. This has appeared in at least one other project and in that project, work-arounds included changing the anchor point to wall base instead of stories and replacing full wall height with stacked walls by story (I'm not much of a fan of the latter - especially with vertical cores such as stairwells).

At first I thought this was a project glitch. Now it has appeared in another project in our office and here on Archi-Talk. Maybe it's a bug and I need to contact our Tech Support rep. Are there more of this issue out there?

Thanks.