Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

is Library Part Maker working in Teamwork (cannot see and modify other team members objects)

patrikbartas
Booster

Hello. Does LPM work in teamwork? I presented to our team this function as a tool for preparing our own objects (our 2D, our 3D). I showed my team how to make 2 objects. My team joined this file in teamwork, prepared their own objects in LPM, placed them on plan, saved them to the Embedded Library (where they are visible, and can be placed on file) but once I open library part maker pallete I can only see my first two objects. None of the additional objects from my team are not in the toolbar, yet they are visible on the plan, and are placed in the embedded library (as can be seen on screenshots). So I´m presuming there is some kind of error in the teamwork functionality with Library part maker? I cannot find any informations regarding teamwork and library part maker issues. Thanks. 

where.png

where2.png

  

1 REPLY 1
patrikbartas
Booster

Hello. I further examined the issue, and found out, that when the file is already on teamwork, Library part maker pallete keeps "connection or relation" to physical 2d and 3d elements only on the library parts that was created before the file was uploaded to teamwork! That is absurd. Once the file is on teamwork, and you are preparing library objects, you close the teamwork file, again open teamwork - all of the previously new library objects are not present in the pallete, but they are in the library itself. You can place them in the file. Copy them to another file, but when you want to change the object via Library part maker, I m forced to again enter name of the object (1), marker design area of the object (2), change the properties (Property scheme)(3), enter details(4), check(5) and save and overrite the original obejct(6). In case new elements are added I need to define new parts library part of the objects (7).

So thats are 7 extra steps to edit single object. 

Is there any workaround how to fix the teawork issue with library part maker?

Thanks, Patrik