cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

saving file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone-

Were working on small teamwork project. When I open the teamwork project with a pc and the other architect works on it with their mac. However when we do a send and receive it seems like we keep losing work and we had to change the file name numerous times, can anyone tell me what i'm missing or what i'm doing wrong in this situation?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
What version of ArchiCAD?

Why did you change file names?
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are both using archicad 15.
A error message comes up that tells us that the file is currently open (which is not) and can only be saved under a new file name. Co-worker tells me that we have to make an archive folder of all the old files after we rename them and then rename the most updated file!!! it worked on several occasion but, were more worried about loosing work!!! if we have to keep renaming the file do we have keep adding the new file name in teamwork?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have used teamwork largely without difficulties and so have little experience with the ways that it can go wrong.

What you are describing sounds like it could be a network permissions error but I'm not sure. It does not sound like anything I've run into with teamwork.

I am also concerned by the file name changing and wonder if this is somehow the cause of your problem. While it can be a helpful practice on solo projects it seems inappropriate and possibly dangerous to do this with teamwork.

I suggest you take your most current version of the project and set it up as the shared file following closely the instructions provided by Graphisoft. If you want to have dated copies of the file (in addition to the automatic backups and any backup/archives you have for your server) then simply do a "save as" to create solo project files (PLN or PLA) periodically.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Matthew, I think we figured out the problem.