Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

(3d interior) Minimalismo One

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys ...interior of a loft...design Deborah Berke...space model in AC9...furniture & ligth 3dsmax...

sorry for the size so big
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
i don't know why people keep kidding themselves that they can produce decent renderings in archicad or any archicad related product. archicad is fantastic for doing virtual building stuff and making 2d drawings, but one of these days somebody will swallow their pride and recompile archicad as a plugin for max, maya and C4D and then the images will start to look decent. nothing i've seen so far from hours of fiddling with rendering engines like artlantis can match up to what i can get out of mental ray in a couple of minutes, as the above images show so well.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sir wrote:
i don't know why people keep kidding themselves that they can produce decent renderings in archicad or any archicad related product. archicad is fantastic for doing virtual building stuff and making 2d drawings, but one of these days somebody will swallow their pride and recompile archicad as a plugin for max, maya and C4D and then the images will start to look decent. nothing i've seen so far from hours of fiddling with rendering engines like artlantis can match up to what i can get out of mental ray in a couple of minutes, as the above images show so well.
ArchiCAD is NOT a rendering program I really don't think anyone is kidding anyone about that.

It goal of the program is to produce a virtual Building Model, NOT just a model to be rendered in ArchiCAD or any other program.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sir wig: there are clients who demand a quality much but high of image (photorealistic render) that the one that offers archicad... for that reason I use 3ds max to obtain that quality
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
sir wrote:
There is no one in this forum kidding themselves. Swallow their pride? Why? ArchiCAD is a fantastic product and with a community like this, it's a VERY big call to say that people are kidding themselves.

I'd like to see a quote were some one has said otherwise!

Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Djordje
Ace
It would be better if people would finally understand what ArchiCAD is. After 20 plus years, they still don't, because as anyone mentions 3D, everybody thinks it has to do with rendering ONLY. Much of the blame is also on so-called ArchiCAD resellers, that - in my humble experience - in past decades were more interested to push a Mac and add an ArchiCAD box on top, as a modeling software. Not all, or even most, understood.

Many still don't.

If you are evangelizing, do it properly, and with passion. Also, be prepared for boiling oil, stakes and other pleasantries.

As one might realize, the rendering is a BYPRODUCT. Mental Ray is a great tool - but one has to be mental (nothing personal!) to think that the VB that you are creating is made for that purpose only.

Of course, if the client demands photo realism, feel free to pursue perfection, that you do so well! Great renderings! While you are at it, I will do the next two projects ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dwight
Newcomer
It is true that the LightWorks rendering engine as implemented in ArchiCAD isn't the most comprehensive. What it does achieve, however is a reasonable result in nominal time, compatible with the demands of a design practice [ who isn't getting paid extra for illustration work].

The challenge is that we are designers, not commercial illustrators. The degree of refinement in the Max product is beautiful, but it is not incidental: there's a whole additional skill set there. If you want to change careers and be an illustrator... then you WOULD select another appplication besides ArchiCAD for your work.

We are directed at reasonable results with nominal effort, as mediocre as that sounds.

ArchiCAD files can easily be exported to more sophisticated tools.

In my book, I offer three renderlight strategies, named for the haircut styles shown in "The Man Who Wasn't There": The Brush Cut, the Contour, and for a little extra effort: the Executive Contour.

Thank you to ArchiCAD TALK members who have pre-ordered my "LightWorks In ArchiCAD" book. There is stiill time to get in on the first printing....
Dwight Atkinson
Rakela Raul
Participant
mister 'illustration in archicad'..i forgot the cost of ur new book..can u please contact me regarding ordering.....u already know my direct email..thx
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Vitruvius
Booster
Dwight,

How about the Mullet? I'll buy the book if you name one of your rendering styles the Mullet - the infamous high-low haircut also known as "hockey hair". In keeping with your theme, perhaps a "high radiosity - low light" (or something of that ilk) strategy might fit the bill.

Cheers, eh.
Cameron Hestler, Architect
Archicad 27 / Mac Studio M1 Max - 32 GB / LG24" Monitors / 14.5 Sonoma
Dwight
Newcomer
Okay. Paypal me and I'll name a style after the "Mullet," a style well known in our neighboring province, Alberta. I believe Aaron Bourgoin has one.
Dwight Atkinson