Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

AC 20 camera - modifying vs redefine

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, all! hopefully there's someone here that can help me solve the problem that i'm currently having.

1. In AC18 i used to create a camera set
-for example :
"RENDER" with camera 1 to camera 3 in it
-camera 1 was a "living-dining room" view, camera 2 was a "bedroom" view and so on

2. I would then clone the "RENDER" camera set in view map and name the clones to :
"DAY", "NIGHT" and so on (each had the same 3 cameras in it) by assigning different sun position and render settings for each set
simply by using "REDEFINE WITH CURRENT WINDOW SETTING"

3. the result was each camera in "DAY", "NIGHT" view map set would maintain their predefined camera position
and with the correct render & 3D window preset.

Now some of the problems are:
1. in AC20 the cloned view map sets would not retain their original view
for example camera 2 & 3 are simply the same as camera 1
all looking at the "living-dining room" view

2. when i tried to adjust each cameras back to their original view without modifying the window setting
using "MODIFY TO CURRENT VIEW" the view would not change.

3. If i used "REDEFINE WITH CURRENT WINDOW SETTING"
the camera changed, but also the 3D window and render setting presets

i never had this kind of problems before. I know that AC 20 kind of saves each open window tab settings somehow,
but camera used to maintain their set views regardless of what their view map settings were..

am i missing something or is there any extra steps or anything that must be done now,
in order for me to be able to produce that kind of set-up?

Best regards,
John
4 REPLIES 4
John wrote:
i never had this kind of problems before. I know that AC 20 kind of saves each open window tab settings somehow,
but camera used to maintain their set views regardless of what their view map settings were..

am i missing something or is there any extra steps or anything that must be done now, in order for me to be able to produce that kind of set-up?
I wonder if you are navigating using the Tabs? If so, are you are aware that a single click on the tab is sort of like switching using the Project Map, and that you need to double-click on the Tab to get the View to update completely?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard wrote:

I wonder if you are navigating using the Tabs? If so, are you are aware that a single click on the tab is sort of like switching using the Project Map, and that you need to double-click on the Tab to get the View to update completely?
Nope, i was navigating using the view map on the project navigator by double clicking on them.
I'm sorry if i was a little bit unclear, but the problem is not about settings not being updated when i was switching from one view to another.

The problem is, when i tried to "clone a folder" my camera set, the camera set would be cloned in the view map, but all of the cameras in the set would not maintain their original view.

They were all just looking at the same view.

Thank you Richard for your reply, and the tab click that you mentioned is another AC 20 tip worth knowing
Anonymous
Not applicable
By the way, can i get notification when someone replied to my post?
John wrote:
By the way, can i get notification when someone replied to my post?
Yes, you can set it up by going to your forum Profile>Settings, and checking that you will get notifications, or checking the box on the options below the text box when you reply.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10