Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

New ArtLantis 5 preview!

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I mentioned at another forum, last week there was a public presentation of ArtLantis 5 by Gerard (I think) from Abvent at the ArchiCAD University in Nottingham (btw thank you DNC).

The only information you get on the web about this new version of ArtLantis are some pretty sad looking renderings.

Also, with the launch of ArchiCAD 9 and it´s new Lightworks engine, there is a lot of talk about the "new" rendering capabilities of these programs.

I would like to tell something to you guys who didn´t have the previlege (?) of seeing the presentation of ArtLantis 5:

It will blow your hat's off!!!

I, for one, will not loose a second learning to work with Lightworks.
I´ll just sit tight and wait for the release of Abvents new version.

If this subject is something you want to hear about, I´ll do my best to explain what I have seen.
46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous
Not applicable
Retirado wrote:
kripphal

let's imagine a scale between 0 and 10 value:

it's just to have an idea about photorealism...

regards.
Only on the photorealism subject, and only from what I saw:
4.5 - 4 points
5 - 6 points
high end rendering engines - 10 points
This means that the upgrade will increase 50% the photorealism in Art.lantis rendering, but still is way behind really real images.
Of course this is a VERY personal evaluation, based on a 15 minute presentation of a half cooked software...
BTW, if you are interested in real images, you will go bonkers over the new Art.lantis trees
Anonymous
Not applicable
really???? only 6 points?

i thought it could be better, because of new lighting system, with radiosity and skylight...but thank's for your opinion.

i was expecting something very "realistic" (not like 3ds max or vray) but something.....near that.

thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
For those of you who use it, don't hold your breath for a new version of AV-works. I am advised that Abvent will not be updating this for AC9.

Why? Because Lightworks is already there and can, I presume, give equal or better results!
Dwight
Newcomer
I confirm that after working in it for several months, the LightWorks engine has made the AV_WORKS product obsolete.

Mainly due to the increased sophistication of the material definition. And some other things, too.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
I confirm that after working in it for several months, the LightWorks engine has made the AV_WORKS product obsolete.
I agree...if you are comparing Art+Lantis 4.5 with AC9.
Now art.lantis 5 is a whole new game
Besides, what I love about art.lantis is the ease of use, like placing the cameras and attributing the materials.
Dwight
Newcomer
I was replying about a question concerning AV_WORKS - Abvent's cheap sidekick add-on for ArchiCAD.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know a Date for the release of the new art*lantis version?? 2004?.....someone?

I have heard that will be available in two products: one for static image only, and other for static image + animation.

Does anyone know the date release of the two products?

thank you very much

regards
Dwight
Newcomer
Such a delay can only mean that the are going for quality.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Dwight, don't you know any dates??..

i would like to ask you something. As you are one of the best users and are always informed about rendering softwares and results...what are you expecting from the new art*lantis?...

photorealism? great image quality?

best regards
Dwight
Newcomer
All of that and more.
Dwight Atkinson