Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Place your VOTE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let these developers know what you think.

http://www.maxwellrender.com/

Mark
4 REPLIES 4
rm
Advisor
WOW!!!!

Mark, excellent find, and for OSX no less! What do you know about this software.....cost, availability, file format?

Hope we can get this soon.

Regards.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Karl Ottenstein
Very cool, Mark. Thanks for the heads up.

Fascinating capital-generation model: buy the alpha version for $395, and get all of the alpha, beta updates, and then the final version next year for being a tester ... vs $995 anticipated retail price next year. Of course, it takes some confidence that the company will survive to deliver, but $395 isn't that risky...

Let us know when they have links to something other than MAX and Maya. (Speaking of Maya, there is a complete version of Maya 6 Personal Learning Edition - watermarks images - on the CD with the current edition of 3D World magazine.)

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
stefan
Expert
When was the last time you had to pay to beta-test software?

--- Oh well, ArchiCAD 8.0 comes to mind 😉

They either don't have the capital to get the ball rolling or they are so confident it will be good. But nevertheless, paying for an alpha-version is not that correct.

And the rendering look OK, but you can do that in other software too. The question is if you can make such renderings in a reasonable amount of time and know nothing about rendering at all. Then it's a good candidate to support.

If they have an easy import-format, then it might be tempting to try to support it with an ArchiCAD export-addon... I'm thinking or rewriting my Radiance addon (that is in pre-alpha stage) to support more render-engines (e.g. Renderman, POV-Ray & Radiance or so). The thing is that I still need to figure out how to get a clean, triangulated mesh, instead of the polygons with holes ArchiCAD provides.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
absolutely amazing...
such a fantastic idea to have just one variable for output quality - time
::rk