Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Render King Review

Anonymous
Not applicable
RENDER KING REVIEW

Since MAXON has became a API developer of a new product for ArchiCAD users, it's importance to ArchiCAD Presentations has become all that more significant.

This past weekend I have had the pleasure to test a rather large C4D architectural file on the Render King (Render Farm).

http://www.RenderKing.com

A future review which outlines the process, files types, etc will be also posted, but for now I wanted to relate this information to you immediately because it is so inspiring.

The C4D file is of an office complex with associated site information, parking lot, trees, etc. The model originated in ArchiCAD and was further eloborated in C4D. The file size is approx. 160 MB with textures. The author of this Cinema 4D file is Michael Rensing. Thanks Michael for the terrific test file.

An animation path was set up for 650 frames, @ 720x486 D1 NTSC.

On my G3 Mac - choke - let's just forget it.

On my Dell Precision 340 2Mhz - 15 minutes per frame = 162 hours = 6.7 days

Compare

The animation on the Render King Network averaged 19 sec. per frame

650 x 19 sec. = 12,350 sec = 206 minutes = 3.5 hours

Oh, oh look out Rounding errors, but seriously you get the picture, the Render King network for C4D is very, very fast.

For large format renderings the tool RenderSlicer can be used.

http://www.hypa.tv/tims/download.html

http://www.renderking.com/rkvisualtut1.htm

Basically Render King gives you access to a $30,000 plus rendering system, without the associated headache of system administration. Not to mention the noise, heat wave and electric bill the racks of computers would create in your office. All for a very reasonable monthly fee.

Considering the speed with which the system rendered the 22 second animation I tested, you could easily create a very long and involved presentation of your project within two weeks. That would give you plenty of time to also incorporate the last minute changes you might experience from your client

Check out Dann Stubbs Render King web site and learn more.

Mark Burginger
Valle Verde Ranch Studio
San Diego, CA

User-Screen-3.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Wokka
Contributor
Mark,
Thanks for the reminder.
I've been sitting watching radiosity interiors render for too long!!
Still using 7.3 so I'll reload the slicing objects and check it out again.
Do you know if they are happy to do one off jobs or do they need monthly payments? I'll check that out myself.
Cheers
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
Single Image Render

Version 8.5 of Cinema 4D offers a TILED CAMERA OBJECT found in the object menu.

Using this camera allows you to split a view up into 9 processors, each working on their part of the image. The image I created was composed of nine 600 x 800 images. I attached a small version of the image to this post, it is missing the ninth image (center) because I made the mistake of rendering frames 1-8 instead of the 0-8 as in the user notes. I have rendered the missing frame and the tool works flawlessly when you do it the right way. I know, I know, zero IS a number.

You need to assemble the images together using PhotoShop but that step takes only a few minutes.

Basically, oversize renders of single frame images are 9 times faster - the more extensive areas take longer, sky sections rendered first.

The framing of the image is not exact and small test renders using editor rendering will allow you to adjust your camera quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dann Stubbs, owner and operator of RenderKing has created a custom C4D object that will help you create large scale renderings at maximum speed.

I forward his message which is addressed to the ArchiCAD-TALK community.

- - - - - - - -

NEW Tiled Camera 25 tile object

Lately I've had a few architects using RenderKing and doing some very large format renders.

The new Camera Offset feature in v8.5 has been very helpful - especially with the default "Tiled Camera" object that maxon included preset to 9 tiles

However, on some really large format renders this has still taken quite some time to render radiosity images.

In order to help I modified the Tiled Camera to create a new one that splits into 25 tiles. This way a single render will utilize the entire render farm.

Now this may seem like a lot of tiles but on a big render it helps a lot to have more cpus crunching away - the added time to paste in photoshop isn't very significant and the smaller tiles provide more immediate feedback on render results which helps a lot too.

NOTE: The one main improvement I made to the object compared to the default Tiled Camera, is that I start my tiles at the upper left corner verses Maxon starts in the middle. I find this easier as I can make a large blank document in photoshop and just start cutting and pasting from the upper left and keep the tiles in sequence (i.e. 0 to 24) as I go.

Please download the new Tiled Camera 25tiles object here (5.6k)

http://www.renderking.com/25tiles.zip

and put it in here

maxon/cinema_4d_r8/library/object

Now it will show up right alongside the other Tiled Camera for your easy use.

hope it helps someone!

dann

- - - - - - -

Great contribution, right?