BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Render showing default settings material instead of new

iausesthis
Participant

I've placed a window in my design whose material I've changed. When viewing it in 3D I can see the new settings but when I render it, its reverted back to default mode. Funny thing is, there's a mirror next to it. It shows the new material selected in the mirror but not on the window itself. 

* I don't know how connected these two are, but, I've got a storefront door with sash in the design. Out of nowhere the door leaf changed to aluminum. I changed the door leaf to different materials, which would show in the 'thumbnail' of the settings window, but not in the model. I then changed the frame setting into glass material and it then switched the door leaf instead. Its like the frame and leaf settings were mixed between themselves.

iausesthis_1-1708111774502.png

4 REPLIES 4
mthd
Ace

Hi @iausesthis, just wondering if you have had a close look at the rendering engine settings in the surfaces dialogue ? To make sure the surface or texture is set to the correct rendering engine.

I found this excellent video that may help you out a bit like it helped me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sob8RLBKgQ4

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

In the material settings in Archicad there are two different settings you must change and they are not linked.

If you change one the other does not change.

BarryKelly_0-1708236026488.png

Basic and Hardware Accelerated settings are what you see in the Archicad 3D window.

Cinerender and Redshift settings are what you see when you create a render.

If you go into the Cinerender settings it is possible to match from on to the other.

BarryKelly_1-1708236225606.png

But be aware, if you match the Cinerender settings with those of the Basic settings, you will reset all of the advanced Cinerender settings.

There are many more Cinerender settings than those in the Basic settings.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi mthd, thank you for the vid. My issue is with the object itself I think. As you can see in my screenshot, it reads the changed (archicad - default) blue paint material in the reflection in the mirror but it doesn't read it in the window itself. 

I didn't work on the model for a couple of days but I've just re-rendered it, and the issue is gone. I think I had another (duplicate) window overlaid on top. I initially thought that I might have a duplicate, that's why I deleted all the content in that wall but I guess I didn't do it right. 

Thank you for your help!

Hi Barry,

Thank you, I do forget to match my custom materials sometimes, but it turned out to be a duplicate object which is why the render was picking up 2 different materials.

Thank you for your response again!

Learn and get certified!