Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Take a look

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I created this little scene and rendered it lastnight, I can't believe that a Lightworks novice like me can create such real life images so quickly.

Graphisoft has done an incredible job with 9.0 and lightworks.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

test1.jpg
117 REPLIES 117
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Burginger wrote:
I don't understand why your image attachments are smaller than your previews. Upload a higher quality, larger resolution image (within the size limitations) - allow us to actually see the rendering quality.
Not sure what is hapenning here but when I look at his images they are 470x570 pixels at 72 dpi which on my monitor at 1280x1024 is readable. They are bigger than the 200k limit so they are downloading to my Mac rather than being viewed in my browser.

I've tweaked one example in Imageready and uploaded it. Does that work better?
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that is better. I usually run my images thru PhotoShop save to web function.
Anonymous
Not applicable
In Theory it is possible to get this light effect with AC9. I believe the SkyObjekt doesn't work correctly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Burginder:

Was that rendered all in ArchiCad using Lightworks?
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry, here is the image.
Anonymous
Not applicable
muddasick wrote:
Burginder:

Was that rendered all in ArchiCad using Lightworks?
Sorry, no - It is the example file, straight 3ds port into Cinema4D, change camera angle, 10 min. radiosity render. One light source, it was incredible the vast number of lights created by LW light sources - there were dozens upon dozens of them. I deleted them all and then placed a single parallel light outside the model. I had to delete the windows because the window grid was one object with the glass. No time to tweek with that, so I just deleted it.

First I renderd the example model in AC9 + LW - way too slow for my taste. If you adjust one thing the entire nature of the render changes, each change, wait, wait, wait. Who has the time for that?
Anonymous
Not applicable
A slightly different take on the same idea.
I use slightly different lighting techniques, so was interested to see how the final image differed.
Similar scene, had to re-create as I'm still running 8.1
Ported to C4D via .3ds file, Render time: 25mins.

Justin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh ya, uh huh - uh huh - oh ya

Great job Justin.

Now that I am done with my glee concerning this realistic render.

Perhaps it would be a tad more realistic if the glass didn't reflect quite as much, and perhaps the same dulling of the floor, just a tad. I wish C4D had a way to slightly blur the sharp edge of the shadow when it is further away from the window. Also a post processing click in C4D with a slight glow effect.

Did you have trouble with the windows as they exported from ArchiCAD? The C4D eXporter plug-in update is supposed to be ready, I tried the download but it didn't work for me.

http://www.maxon.net/pages/download/download_plugins_e.html
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Mark,
Sorry, Public Holiday here yesterday, been away from the machine !
It may be too lo-res to see, but I always get glitches in the glazing at the edges upon rendering in C4D. Only slightly annoying... If you use area lighting on a spot-light, you can get that blur effect you were talking about. Otherwise, if you multi-layer render with a separate layer for shadows, you can post-edit the shadow layer in photoshop to achieve the same effect & avoid increased rendering time. Agree on reflection issues, I guess in real life, only the objects in bright sun-light should be 'obvious' reflected in the windows... Still, just a quick 5 min. exercise...
C4D ArtV7's still got it !
Haven't used the plug-in, I'm never running the current version of either AC or C4D & save as .3ds works well enough... If only I was the purse-string puller around here !

Justin
Anonymous
Not applicable
There you go... great example ArtV7 - amazing.

In all this time I have never used Post Processing via the layer export. If ever you have the time I would really like to see a quick and dirty explaination of how to use that feature of C4D.

I am sure it isn't as complicated as I seem to think, and it is probably twice as useful as I realize.