Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Triangles!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've used the Archicad to C4D exchange plugin.

If you look at the picture you'll see the white lines that indicate unnecessary triangulation that's being generated.

I don't suppose anyone has a way to sort this out

???

TIA

Adri

Untitled-1.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh, and it isn't just meshes that do it...

See attached file.

TIA

Adri
Untitled-1.jpg
owen
Newcomer
Nope - thats how ArchiCAD does things. Its triangulation of geometry on both Import & Export has always been terrible IMO, particularly the former.

We have a library of objects in C4D/3DS formats as they are the only real way to get decent looking objects - very little of what is in the ArchiCAD libraries ever gets used. It would have to have one of the ugliest collection of furniture, applicances, etc I have ever seen. However bringing 3DS files into ArchiCAD never works well, there is always horrible triangulation, unwanted lines, errors, etc. Anyway I have complained about this at length many times in the past so i will shut up now ...

As for your problem - if you are using the ArchiCAD Exchange plugin then I assume you are simply exporting the model to C4D to render?

These lines should not be a problem then .. they are just polygon edges and will not appear in your renders. I don't know why AC manages to turn a single flat surface into a bunch of triangles, but i've never had a problem with them when rendering.

They do make working with surfaces in C4D a bit of a pain though
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5