Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

archicad 10 versus artlantis 4.5 for archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am just trying our "new" program artlantis 4.5 (We have it since a moment but never got the time to deal with it) for archicad users and I am a bit confused about two topics. First I do not
see any way of saving archicad 10 files to artlantis files (.atl).
And AFAIR the pluggin to save as artlantis R is not helpful because
Artlantis 4.5 can not open artlantis R files...
The only thing I successed to do was to save as 3ds file and then open it with artlantis 4.5.
Or download artlantis R dEMO save as Artlantis R and then open it and save again as artlantis 4.5 ...
Since this artlantis 4.5 has been done for archicad users it is not really clear why there is (apparently) nothing about it in the doc.

Secondly, how can I keep my texture configuration for each of my object from archicad to artlantis ? (if possible). And finally is there any available pluggin for archicad 10 in order to save as artlantis 4.5 files ?

Thanks for any advice

Jean-Luc
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
HI

ok... first thing .. if u want to try ? try Artlantis R or Studio... but 4.5? nooo!! it was good few years ago.. but i think even now there is a special offer called " farewell 4.5" to switch to new versions , or even download a demo version for 30 days of Artlantis Studio , its a real powerful yet easy to use program.. so give it a try.. its worthy!!

now ..yes i think the only thing you can do now is to save as .3DS , or .DXF , but i think 3DS is better ,

why there is nothing about it in doc? because its form Abvent!! a different company and it works with most of modeling programs as u noticed with 3DS , DWG ...

textures .. mm.. if you can save to ATL , textures will be saved !! but 3DS , mm.. sorry but don't think so

Any way.. an advice? i haven't see any one considers ArtLAntis as a bad deal.. considering quality speed " setting up files and rendering " .. and Price!!

But any way try Demo , and try artlantis Forum.. its not as good as this Forum.. " nothing works like this one " but give it a try..its a good place

hope that helps in a way

i think i would say " cok guzel program? "
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello whatever,

I tried Artlantis R Demo again and it is great sure !. We decided to order it. Apparently the global illumination (or radiosity) makes the difference.
Now the problem is to know if Archicad 11 will provide such thing...but probably artlantis is much more optimized...

Thanks for answering

Jean-Luc
Anonymous
Not applicable
Most welcome,

But just one thing , with artlantis R you CAN'T create animations !!

Artlatnis Studio will do that ,

Studio is exactly same as Artlantis R plus animation capabilities , so you may want to consider that.

And no... nothing refers that any thing new happened to rendering engine in AC 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok then I will use my artlantis 4.5 to make animation if necessary. Hopefully we can export file from artlantis R to artlantis 4.5 keeping
the texture...even if it not possible animation is not a priority for me
Thanks
Jean-Luc
(cok saol)
Anonymous
Not applicable
jean-luc wrote:

ok then I will use my artlantis 4.5 to make animation if necessary. Hopefully we can export file from artlantis R to artlantis 4.5 keeping
the texture...even if it not possible animation is not a priority for me
Thanks
Jean-Luc
(cok saol)

NO YOU CAN'T !!

you will have totaly separated files... nothing shared in any way!!

we had this problem before Artlantis Studio was relaesed !!

so if you want animations... consider Studio!