Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

"Not enough memory" message while rendering

Anonymous
Not applicable
how am i able to do a rendering without the "not enough memory" archicad pop up from appearing, even if my computer has 2 GB of free memory.
13 REPLIES 13
Dwight
Newcomer
How complex is your model?

Download the polygon counter and see:

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/goodies12/USA.html

Perhaps your model has a corrupt element. Use the heavy marquee to cut the model in half and see if you can render that.

Report.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well the model is quite complex, so your suggestion of downloading the polygon counter. What does this polygon counter do?
Dwight
Newcomer
The measure of difficulty in a 3D view is the number of polygons imaged.
The polygon counter counts the polygons in the model - different than file size.

Start getting over 2,000,000 and Archicad has a problem.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
It sure would be nice if there was a comparison chart of some sort with recommendations to serve as a guide along with the PolyCount tool..... like 2,000,000 polygons = bad (need latest processor and 16 GB of ram minimum)...
Dwight
Newcomer
2 million polygons is written somewhere to be the Precipitous Threshold Of Bad. [PTOB]

i can't remember when or where.

Karl?

My main experience is that Archicad tries to model a corrupt element and thinks it has run out of memory. Otherwise only the Dreaded Spanish Tile Roof will mess up the job.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys!

I know this is an old post, but I have some major problems. I did what Dwight said below. I am well over 4 million polygons. Yikes.

Our building is 77,000sq. ft and very complex. We have the entire site modeled, every classroom of the school, i mean everything. Our landscape architects came in with a sketch up model and blew everyone away with the movies they made. Super cheesy of course because they were in sketch up, but we are building a school for kids and they all went nuts over it which in turn means so did the clients.

The architect of course now want archicad to do this. But I cant even get the full model to come up in 3d.

I am now in the process of saving off a new model, just to delete everything on the inside of the classrooms and all the non essential polygons that could not be seen in fly arounds. Regardless, I will probably get just under the 2 million polygons and the fly arounds will still take hours upon end to complete. That is of course if "Not Enough Memory" still comes up.

Can anyone offer some advice? I have Archicad 11 and lightworks. I am good with photoshop but cannot edit the movie that way.

I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

JC
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, I thought I changed my signature.

Archicad 11
Dell Precision PWS380
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00 Ghz
2.00GB of RAM

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI
Karl Ottenstein
See if this article helps:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/How%20to%20Control%203D%20performance

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl!

Once I delete everything I think I need to I can pursue the topics in that article a little more.

I appreciate your help!