Wishes forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have the 2d plan view reflect SEOs made to 3d objects.

peter_h
Newcomer
Example: Create a 3D object, such as a rafter. Trim it to a roof using a boolean operation (SEO). The 2d plan view does not show it as trimmed. Apparently, this applies to all Solid Element Operations.

I've posted about this issue here..

This seems like a BIG omission, a bug even.

--------------
keywords: SEO S.E.O. trim trims floor plan
Pete,
Wellington, New Zealand.
Win10pro x64, AC 23 Student.
Intel Xenon E31235 Quad 3.2GHz, 16GB, Nvidia GFX670, 4 x multi-monitor setup, 3dconnexion SpaceExplorer.
22 REPLIES 22

TomWaltz
Newcomer
I agree this is an important feature, but I can't figure out why you would place rafters individually or trim them in that way.

Even if you're not using Roof Builder, I'd still think you would be better off just placing the rafter at the right length to begin with. SEOs are no replacement for the Trim command or just modeling exactly to begin with. Why not SEO off all the ends of your walls at corners instead of trimming them?
Tom Waltz

peter_h
Newcomer
Hi Tom
I did use RoofMaker to create the initial structure. Check out the link in my first post to find out what and why this frustrates me.
Pete,
Wellington, New Zealand.
Intel Xenon E31235 Quad 3.2GHz, 16GB, Nvidia GFX670, 4 x multi-monitor setup, 3dconnexion SpaceExplorer.

Grass
Newcomer
As a (relatively) new ArchiCAD user, I'm curious as to how some of these larger 'bugs' get addressed. I am sooooo frustrated with the building model being disconnected with the plan view. To this I am speaking directly to the SEO created elements not reading in plan. After 12 versions being released, how does Graphisoft use this forum to address problems with the program? My feeling is that this is one of the most 2D programs I have ever used.
ArchiCAD Version 11 for XP

Peter Clark
Newcomer
Grass wrote:
As a (relatively) new ArchiCAD user, I'm curious as to how some of these larger 'bugs' get addressed. I am sooooo frustrated with the building model being disconnected with the plan view. To this I am speaking directly to the SEO created elements not reading in plan. After 12 versions being released, how does Graphisoft use this forum to address problems with the program? My feeling is that this is one of the most 2D programs I have ever used.
I guess one of the reasons the effects of SEO on library parts isn't shown is that their 2d display is coded into their internal script. Library parts are not aware of anything outside of their code, so if you artificially trim them using SEO, they have no idea what has been done to them.

What would be a better feature is an 'extend to face' function in 3d, much like the 'adjust' function on plan where the length parameter is updated correctly so the intelligence is kept.

In an ideal world SEO wouldn't exist at all because it isn't a proper BIM function: it's a cheap workaround to compensate for the lack of flexibility in the existing tools.

Rather than demanding that the effects of SEO be shown on plan, maybe we should be asking that the existing tools be enhanced so we wouldn't need it!
AC15 64-bit 4056
Win 10 Pro 64-bit - i7-6700K 4.00GHz - 16GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 4GB - Apple 30" Cinema HD

peter_h
Newcomer
Wow... over 2800 views and only 27 people voted in total.
Pete,
Wellington, New Zealand.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should check the ArchiCAD Help files.
There are some images there about the SEO options available in ArchiCAD.
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

wastzzz
Newcomer
the feature is essential.
SEO have to appear in the 2d plan view.

pixpast
Newcomer
"wastzzz" wrote:
the feature is essential.
SEO have to appear in the 2d plan view.

can i just ask,
i have created a complex roof structure that is really only possible using SOE editing.
But i do need a workable plan.
My sections are all perfect with the SOE cuts, just not the plans.

can you please tell me that this major error has been fixed in archicad15?

thanks.
Ian
USING archicad 14 and 15 for structural modeling.
Windows 7
German Version, god help my german.
OLD SCHOOL ARCHICAD, 4 weeks and still going... my hobby site www.pixpast.com

Barry Kelly
Only shells and roofs show their SEO form in 2D.
Nothing else does.Maybe in future versions as they further develop the existing tools like they have done with the roof tool.
Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Steven Dumont
Newcomer
Old post but I've only just realized this. Why, oh why, do SEO's not show up in plan????

Help us Katalin Takacs!! Tell the tech guys they need to fix this!
Mac OS X 10.13.6
27" Retina 5K iMac
16 GB Ram
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

AC23, latest hotfix, USA Full

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am pretty sure they are aware of it.
But I think this requires more fundamental changes to the program so it is not a easy or fast task to do.
....................................................................................................
Laszlo Nagy, Lead Moderator, Community Admin
Get Archicad Tips at https://twitter.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen 1700X CPU, 48 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), WIN10 PRO ENG, AC20-AC25
Loving Archicad since 1995

Steven Dumont
Newcomer
Press release: New features in ArchiCad 24:

SEO's now visible in plan.

Stair tool improved.

Beams have cover fills.

Mac OS X 10.13.6
27" Retina 5K iMac
16 GB Ram
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

AC23, latest hotfix, USA Full

s2art
Newcomer
Steven wrote:
Press release: New features in ArchiCad 24:

SEO's now visible in plan.

Stair tool improved.

Beams have cover fills.

I'm sure (if it takes that long) BOTH of the people still using Archicad 24 will be very happy.
S t u a r t . R o s e
PAUA Architects
AC22 6025 NZE
iMac Retina 27inch
3GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB 2667 MHz DDR4

jferreira
Newcomer
Using version 17 but the SEO's don't show up. (I substracted a series of slabs with a vertical square prism to make the hole for the stairs) the operation does show up in 3D but not on the plan view.

Is this some sort of option I need to activate?

Karl Ottenstein
jferreira wrote:
No, that is the point of this wish: SEOps do not show up in plan. The bit below was a joke about a mythical AC 24.

Cast your vote above.
One of the forum moderators   •   AC 25 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.1, iMac Pro

jferreira
Newcomer
Ha! misread the v24 thing, just voted now. Thank you!!
Karl wrote:
jferreira wrote:
No, that is the point of this wish: SEOps do not show up in plan. The bit below was a joke about a mythical AC 24.

Cast your vote above.

s2art
Newcomer
jferreira wrote:
Using version 17 but the SEO's don't show up. (I substracted a series of slabs with a vertical square prism to make the hole for the stairs) the operation does show up in 3D but not on the plan view.
If you are just cutting a hole in a slab use the pet palette options.
S t u a r t . R o s e
PAUA Architects
AC22 6025 NZE
iMac Retina 27inch
3GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB 2667 MHz DDR4

jferreira
Newcomer
Yup, at the end I opted for that option, the reason I did the SEO was because that volume was affecting a lot of elements
s2art wrote:
jferreira wrote:
If you are just cutting a hole in a slab use the pet palette options.

John Stanford
Newcomer
2014, Archicad 17, and still no correct plan for S.E.O. affected elements..

i mean... come on already

.advanced BIM integration?
.advanced BIM tools etc etc?
.smooth and smart workflows?
.freedom in designing?

not without this one

other features are pretty decent with their own flaws, but this one has been going on for a long time and needed a fix to improve all those things i mentioned above, it's frustrating to work in a BIM knowing that it's not containing the correct "information"
ARCHICAD 22 5009 INT
Rhino 5 SR14 64-bit

ARCHICAD 16-21 INT
Windows 10 Home
i7 6700HQ 2.6~3.4GHz
NVIDIA GTX 980M 4GB
32 GB RAM

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions