Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Wishes - New Feature Request for MVO setting "Model Appearance" of "Section & Elevation settings"

Francois_MCD
Expert

I want to post this wish for a New Feature Request for setting "Model Appearance" of "Section & Elevation settings" in "Model View Options" instead of in the "Section & Elevation settings".

Since forever and at the moment "Model Appearance" is set up in the "Section & Elevation settings". 

To get various drawings for the same Section & Elevation Views, we have to actually duplicate the Section & Elevation on the Storey / Plan View and customize the Section & Elevation settings for each as desired. 

The new appearance options for the cut & uncut fills are really great and exciting improvement for creative drawing control. But I believe that moving all these settings to "Model View Options" instead will just give us total freedom to create limitless drawing View options. 

NEW MVO - Section - Elevation settings.jpg

The "Graphic Overrides" are limited and for example do not give us the options to choose between or change the "cut & uncut fill" types of the Section & Elevation settings. 

Request / suggestion:

If these Section & Elevation settings are controlled in "Model View Options" we do not need to duplicate the Section & Elevation on the Storey / Plan View to get various Section & Elevation Views. We can then globally control Model Appearance by MVOs linked to Saved Views. This would make the drawings & workflow much more flexible.

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
6 REPLIES 6
Robert Nichols
Advocate

Yes - great idea. In general, I find there are several locations where a "style" definition would be useful. Dimensions, for starters (or have I overlooked something?). Some days I find myself opening dialogs and clicking things in a repetitive way, and I think there has to be a better way.

Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
Karl Ottenstein

Agree totally.   Clearly, if the ARCHICAD interface were designed from scratch today, it would do this.  The section options (and other similar things) were all we had in the days before MVO and GOs.  For consistency, these legacy view options should all be moved to MVO as in your wish.  It would simplify things so much having, as Robert Nichols calls them, "style" definitions that are easily changed per view rather than per viewpoint. 👍

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
DGSketcher
Legend

+1 There have been other discussions along similar lines. The alternative that comes to mind is the creation of 2D Styles and adding them to the drawing View Settings. Either way the problems of @Francois_MCD are not new, not only from needing different elevation settings but also maintaining consistent setting between different elevation/section views.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Johan Stinckens
Advocate

Agree!

Where's the Poll option for this?! 😁

This sort of change would omit the need for repetitions — surplus section lines / surplus dimensioning when needing alternate formatting — resulting in a simpler model, less prone to issues.

Great Thinking!

Johan Stinckens
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Other than that it's hiking, camping, climbing.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Francois,

Thank you very much for sharing this great idea!

I am happy to say we took notice of this wish and I have added it to our Wish List database (please refer to it as IDEA-4394). Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all for the discussion, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Thanks @Minh Nguyen that's great news, we look forward to see how your team even improved on this concept as you always do.

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!