Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to Lock Expression Based Properties

Josh Verran
Advisor

With expression-based properties, it is possible to extract and combine parameters (including other properties) to form a string.

For example, I have properties related to timber framing like studs, nogs, treatment, grade, etc.
I have an expression-based property that determines if the wall is of timber construction then combines the above, plus other parameters (composite name etc) to form a note (sentence), if it's concrete, then a different note is formed. This is then used/displayed in a key (Interactive Schedule).

This works really well. However, one limitation is that users, in the key / interactive schedule, can overwrite the expression-generated string with manual text. This appears correct in one instance, however, all the underlying parameters still have the original data/parameters.

1.jpg2.jpg

While I have several Graphic Overrides that look for these properties with custom values, there's still a risk.

My wish is that somehow there is a way to to lock expression-based properties.

11 Comments

Hi @Josh Verran ,

I haven't tried it yet but plan to give it a go when I next update the template fully, likely for AC28. We're undertaking a pretty major update at the moment to introduce automatic scheduling of house types and various other elements for masterplans.

Status
Upvoted

with 27 Votes

Wish details