Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Better routines that don't make our filesize increase...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I want better routines that not increase the filesize so much when add layouts. Our .pln file of a building are without layouts 4mb, with layouts same file are 30mb??? Ok, it's alot of layouts, but a layout should only make an mirror of the original view?

And a copy'n'paste of a viewset from one layout to another are a nightmare in big buildings.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
well maybe you can try this...
you can link your .pln file to another .pln file only
for the purpose of layout & publishing...

like for example:
you will open your file on a the navigator of a new AC window.
1. on the navigator of a newly opened AC window, pick project chooser
button & select browse the your file you want to do the layouting.
2. after opening, again from the project chooser, select Show Organizer
3. on the organizer window, select again the project chooser and select you previously opened project.
4. drag all the pre set views from the view map to the corresponding layout.

its much better if you have made first a standard file layout formats before doing this...this can be also .pln file to save your time from editing. and all you have to do is to update the drawings.

maybe this could be a great help on saving your
valuable file size...
Barry Kelly
TurboGlider wrote:
Hi,

I want better routines that not increase the filesize so much when add layouts. Our .pln file of a building are without layouts 4mb, with layouts same file are 30mb??? Ok, it's alot of layouts, but a layout should only make an mirror of the original view?

And a copy'n'paste of a viewset from one layout to another are a nightmare in big buildings.
Do you have the "Store Drawing in the Project" option ticked in the drawing settings?
If so try turning this off for all placed drawings and don't forget to set the default values in the drawing tool for all future draings to be placed.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!