gdford
Advisor

I know I post this every 6 months, but I am really trying to make a point.

I am sure this is a difficult challenge, but we really need to be able to place an autotext label on a single skin of a composite wall in plan and sections so that we can:

1)  call out exactly the building material is for a "single" selected skin of the composite

2)  be able to drill down with autotext to custom building material properties for the selected skin.

Moderator 2024-06-11: To better express the exact wish, I have modified the title of the topic from:

BIM BIM BIM - composite skins are so un-bim!

to the following:

Autotext Labels to display Building Material/BM Properties of a single skin of a Composite

11 Comments
Ruben V
Advocate

We recently created a label for a client, allowing them to display Building Material properties (ID, Description, Name) of the 'contents' of a composite - in a Detail. The label is associated with the (building material) fills in the 2D Details, derived from the 3D model. Some improvement to be added (scaling text for example...), but very "BIM" as the contents of the label do update when a Composite definition or Building Material definition is altered...

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-05-23 om 09.13.28.png

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-05-23 om 09.14.11.png

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-05-23 om 09.15.05.png

Status
Upvoted

with 63 Votes

Additional Information