Josh Verran
Advisor

This might be best explained through an example.

Imagine if you had a property that contained the embodied carbon of an element (kgCO²/kg).

Then you had an expression-based property that converted the kgCO²/kg to an RGB value.

Not sure exactly what that would look like, perhaps R = kgCO²/kg x 50, G = kgCO²/kg x 10, B = kgCO²/kg x 75.

Concat Expression R & G & B.

The end result would be a graphic override that could on the fly change the colour of an element based on its Embodied carbon.

At the moment you need as many GO rules as there is values.

Endless other applications

Hope that makes sense.

4 Comments
Professor Pickle
Advocate

I would go even further than this. Elements should be able to have their properties set by reading other elements' properties. Combine that with expressions and you're in parametric haven 😉

Miha_M
Advisor

One element properties belong to that element, I wouldn't expect further interaction with other element's properties on this level. But I would love to have the schedules overhauled into something with interactive expression functionality.

Professor Pickle
Advocate

I want the ceiling in my secret torture chamber to always be at exactly 1.3m above the medieval torture rack. If I can read the properties of the torture rack then as I move it around the chamber and adjust it's hight to suit the heights of my variously vertically challanged henchmen, the ceiling will automatically move up or down to keep the overall depressive atmosphere of the chamber.

neilmcallister
Booster

That's not the exact use case I had, but pretty similar.  Muaahaahahaaa!

Status
Upvoted

with 24 Votes

Additional Information